• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jagged

I've heard so many people call it different things...

I say "pee-zo" some people say "pie-zo" and "pay-zo"...

Does anyone know the actual pronounciation?

nexis72

This is a greek word. It is caled pie-zo. I am greek so I can asure you for that. Piezo meens press in greek language.

s6275

This is from Oxford Dictionary. Looks like you are right, Rob.

KungFu Grip

Pie-zo, but now that I know that's wrong, I'll probably still call it pie-zo, because pee-ay-zo sounds too silly to me. :p

Xethikium

How to pronounce "piezo"

The english language is a mess... thus, trying to find the "correct" way of saying many words often turns into a case of toe-may-toe/toe-ma-toe. I tend not to bother anymore. However...

Having seen and used this word in physics and engineering, I heard it pronounced "pie-zo". Never heard it said any other way until it was spoken by a musician.

So, say it the way you want, but I say "pie-zo", as it said by those who work with and understand the phenomenon in the engineering world.

The "Pie-zo" pronunciation also seems to follow basic english language rules the closest.

It also fits closest with how one would say and spell it phonetically.

All the other ways of saying it seem to break one or more of these criteria.

Hence, I say "pie-zo". I don't care how the rest of the music community says it :p

X.

Beth

The english language is a mess... thus, trying to find the "correct" way of saying many words often turns into a case of toe-may-toe/toe-ma-toe. I tend not to bother anymore. However...

Having seen and used this word in physics and engineering, I heard it pronounced "pie-zo". Never heard it said any other way until it was spoken by a musician.

So, say it the way you want, but I say "pie-zo", as it said by those who work with and understand the phenomenon in the engineering world.

The "Pie-zo" pronunciation also seems to follow basic english language rules the closest.

It also fits closest with how one would say and spell it phonetically.

All the other ways of saying it seem to break one or more of these criteria.

Hence, I say "pie-zo". I don't care how the rest of the music community says it :p

X.

You're the best, X! Pie-Zoh it is!

Top Bottom