• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ghunter

I'm looking for a good quality gig bag to use for transporting my instruments on a plane with me. It has to be compact, but also provide enough protection that I won't have to worry about the instrument.

Anyone have some suggestions? Models they liked? Models to avoid?

(I can't believe that the search "gig bag" turns up zero results on this forum!)

andynpeters

There was a thread about 3 weeks ago.
The general opinion was that the Ernie Ball gig bag was quite good (I got one as well as a case when I bought my 2nd silhouette......it's made by Levy's.
Lots of people suggested they didn't trust ANY gig bags.

saxnbass

I like the MusicMan bass bag, I'm not sure if there is a guitar one, if there is, it is probably the same design, and great. Also, Sadowsky PortaBag is killer and InCase SlimBag. MusicMan is the best bet for the plane.

Personally, I would take the neck off and put the neck and body in a backpack (like a laptop bag, as they have a padded compartment and a regular compartment, but are still well padded overall) and have that as your carry on luggage.

ghunter

Alaska Airlines is the *best* at accommodating "unusual" requests from passengers. I've transported plenty of strangely shaped and sized items for business with them before.

ghunter

I only wish it was that exciting - I'm a software architect.

Still looking for a good gig bag...

Rossie

I love the Levy's leather gig bag, so classy...
The price too is classy o_O

Top Bottom