• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Ok to spur the dialogue for Marty Albertson, CEO here is what I want to do.....

You are walkin behind a Guitar Center and a you stumble on a genie who asks you,

"If you could have one wish from Gutiar Center, What would it be?"

I want this to be pretty serious and respectful. The mods will delete anything in poor taste....This is a very rare example for you to communicate with someone who listens and has the ability to affect change.

Lets see where this goes!

Thanks

Beth

Genie, O Genie, my one wish is...

For a GC in the desert!!! :D

Fraxture

Hmm, well they have been very responsive. I still have sales guy who calls me with Sterling Sightings. :cool:

But if the wish is on the Fantasy side, I wish for a complete Markbass Rig free of charge. :D

Other than that I have always had good dealings with them. Though it would be nice to have MarkBass equipment here in Columbus, Ohio so I don't have to travel to Cincinnati to see their line. :)

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Fraxture you can do better ..... chuck that is exactly the stuff I was looking for.
Lets all save the bandwidth and pretend that free food booze broads gear threads have already been posted.

I would like that when we have special instruments that the message gets to the floor.
they tend to get buried and overlooked then dumped. Opportunity for knowledgeable Knuckleheads.

GWDavis28

To see at least 1 of every EBMM in stock at my local GC. They currently have 1 Axis and that's all they've had for a very long time.

Glenn |B)

petruccirocks02

BP, I would definitely like to see a wider selection of basses at my local GC (ex. more Bongo's, etc., etc.). Also I'd like to see a wider selection of guitars being that my local GC only has one Musicman guitar which is a rosewood ASS. I'd like to see them stocking Petrucci's, Silo's, etc. Other than that I love my local GC, I know all the guys and I get treated great. Hope that helps ya out.

-Phil

RitchieDarling

A nice GC experience!

I must say that I had a very pleasant experience at the GC in Phoenix last week.

They have a whole new store! Much larger than the old one.

The kid who helped me (Brandon, I think...) was courteous and had a good knowledge of both EBMM and Markbass. Which I found VERY refreshing! He seemed interested in what a Dargie Delight was.

I got the deal I wanted. And he even carried it to the car for me.

I suppose my only wish would have to be concerning the inability to order some items online.

I ended up spending $30 bucks in gas and 6 hours drive time going down there.

But, having said that. I think they will eventually be available.

Ritchie

Last edited:

eddybomb

I would like to see Markbass products available in more than just a few select stores.
The closest to me is a 9 hour drive, and I have 2 GC's within 2 1/2 hours of me.
I would even drive to the Motor City to try and buy one...just can't bring myself to drive to Chicago though.

mbgreene

I know its been discussed several times here, but resolution on the case issue.

That instruments that come from the manufacturer in a hardshell case automatically include the case with the purchase and that it is reflected on the price listed on the hang tag.

Sub1 Zero

I guess the obvious answer is that I'd like to see more MM's. Last time I went to my local GC all they had was a used luke. I think it would be great to see every model represented, and maybe have a little card slid under the strings "Not the color combo or features you are looking for? Ask a sales representative about ordering to your very own, made to order!" or something along those lines. I think it might spark interest in many people who had previously not known about or showed no interest in MM's...

maddog

pickup options on stock Bongos, especially singleH's.

as much as Jack has done for the Bongo, I feel BP was right when he commented about releasing the singleH first.

bovinehost

Administrator
Being an almost completely bass-centric type, I really appreciate what one of the Dallas GCs has done.

Loads of guitars and basses are out of the floor, as usual, but there is an actual bass room that can be (relatively) closed off from the floor. Inside, the nicer basses and a couple of decent rigs are available for demo. This was not strictly an Ernie Ball playground, either. There was a Rickenbacker, a Warwick and so on.

I appreciate the cost that went into the room and I know it takes labor to maintain it, but it makes all the difference in the world to someone like me. In fact, Marty, don't tell BP, but I've bought a couple of, um, you know, THINGS there.

It might be tough to do it in all the locations, but in a multi-GC city like Dallas and the surrounding area, that's the one I go to, even if it's further away than some others.

Jack

slucas

I would say Markbass as well (St. Louis). But I think this is more of a Markbass production problem getting them out the door. Still, with all the Markbass talk around here it sure makes you want to try them out.

tommyindelaware

well...i know one offs are not gonna happen.......so...

as a service to gc customers.... how bout a guitar and bass tweek station at the storefront. a place where anyone could get a quick tweek / evaluation of there current guitar. an ernie ball gas station.....kinda like a jiffy lube for guitars and basses. limit to quik string change & truss rod tweek. 10-15 mins ? customer just buys strings......& gets qualified for new instrument if appropriate.
tommy in guitar centerless delaware.

mrpackerguy

Oh wise genie of the amp, I wish that....

That when I walk in, the sales staff (most notably in the bass section) consists mainly of persons who know their products better (I don't even mind the goth, multiple pierced kid I usually get as long as he knows his basses). They should at least know what all the knobs and switches do on their basses, the woods, etc. Pretty basic stuff.

Oh, and more selection of flatwound bass strings besides Fender and Dean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom