• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

highenuff

I have a lead on a great deal for an Axis Super Sport, w/MM90's. The question here is how are these pickups? Are they good for all types of music??? Just looking for some info.

thanks-

robelinda2

Diamond Creek, VIC, Australia- at Rancho Alberto
They are fantastic pickups, pretty much beefier single coils, they cut through really well, and dont have the weak tone some single coils have. Versatile too. Because the ASS comes with a 3 way switch for the MM90's you dont get the classic out of phase strat sounds, like on an Albert Lee with MM90's, but they sound great just the same.

Get it!

highenuff

I am going to pick it up tommorow....I will post pictures ASAP. That being said I am getting it "used" from GC which to be honest I really do not like but this deal is to good to pass up... 550 out the door.

roburado

I am going to pick it up tommorow....I will post pictures ASAP. That being said I am getting it "used" from GC which to be honest I really do not like but this deal is to good to pass up... 550 out the door.

Wow. That's a steal! :eek: (assuming it's in good condition)

highenuff

Its in good condition, a few dings but nothing to bad. The only other thing is that it is in need of one screw that holds the string in. (on the back of the headstock)
i.e. see my other post.
Any help where I could find one?

highenuff

radrock, thanks for those tones....very cool.
What type of setup where you playing out of??

Will be posting pictures soon.

brentrocks

i have M90s in my AL and i play a lot of heavy stuff, they sound great in high gain situations....i think.

i play it through a 5150 combo and i get some really nice crunch with the m90s

you will enjoy them, i'm sure!!!

Spudmurphy

^Brent has nailed this - the MM90's are awesome pickups - a right Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!!
I have just got a new MM with MM90's and by God they are good!!!!

Astrofreq

You can see a slightly older version of my pedalboard on the guitar link in my signature. Pretty much all the tone is Tech 21 stuff, including the Power Engine amp.

dmkozak

They are fantastic pickups, pretty much beefier single coils, they cut through really well, and dont have the weak tone some single coils have. Versatile too. Because the ASS comes with a 3 way switch for the MM90's you dont get the classic out of phase strat sounds, like on an Albert Lee with MM90's, but they sound great just the same.

But what if you install the Axis bucker 5-way switch for out of phase and whatever else you want, like many Tele players do?

highenuff

Pics of the New Ball

I finally picked this baby up yesterday, talked them down to 525 w/case out the door. As I stated before a few dings here and there, but otherwise in great shape except for the missing lug which I will be calling customer service tommorow to get a new on.

I tried to up load pics but kept getting a message that the files where to big? Any help here, and I will post the new ball.

Top Bottom