• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

memberzonly

This past weekend the humidity level significantly rose in my basement resulting in an adjustment in my Axis neck. The E, A and B strings are now fretting out. Is it better to reduce the humidity level in the basement or try to adjust the truss rod.

If I need to adjust the rod, what direction should I adjust it??

Brian

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Axis Humidity

Hey there -

You should try adjusting your truss rod by pulling towards you to raise the action, and pulling away from you to lower the action...

Also, try to keep the humidity to a minimum to reduce your chances of warping the neck...

Best of luck,

Brian

memberzonly

re:

Brian,

Thanks for the info. Is the truss rod adjusted by sticking an allen wrench into one of the holes and turning? Excuse my ignorance as I haven't used 'the wheel' before.

Also, how much resistance should you feel when turning? Is it necessary to slcken the strings?

Brian

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Sounds to me like you are feeling too much resistance on your neck, and you should be loosening the resitence. Also, yes just an allen rench to adjust the truss rod.

You can take your guitar to any Music Man dealer, and they should be able to help you out with guitar your guitar back into playing mode...

Let me know if this helps...

Brian

Top Bottom