• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Caca de Kick

My wah is the one I use most. I have: envelope filter, flanger, overdrive, chorus, but rarely ever use any of them...I really could live without them, but the wah I use so many different ways.

phatduckk

i use FX on bass for maybe like 20 minutes a year and thats only just to mess around at home & i get sick of it pretty quick; its not my thing. I play guitar too so i just use that stuff - i dont have anything specifically for bass.

Kirby

Has anyone here tried the new EBS valve drive pedal? I was thinking of using it with the LMK II. Any feedback would be appreciated.

As far as favorites, my EBS bass chorus or Boss chorus and the boss loop pedal for solo work.

PocketGroove82

As far as boring but useful pedals go, I really like the Demeter Compulator for leveling out my signal when throwing in some slap on certain disco/fingerfunk tunes.
Also, the Peterson Strobo-fip falls in the catagory, since EBMM uses strobos on their setups, I had to get one for when I do mine.

As far as out-there pedals I really like my Mu-tron for the underwatery sound and the Loop station for wanking during practice seshs.

I'm not really a big fan of the overdriven fuzz bass sound, but out of all those pedals I actually enjoy the b-ASSmaster and the lo-tone classic fuzz.

The next things I buy pedal wise would probably be a nice chorus/phaser since I kinda dig that sound. But I haven't really tried any in a while!

I only wish I had a band that allowed me to use all kinds of crazy tones, but I don't so as far as the most useful pedals on stage I would have to say compressor and tuner.

Last edited:

mynan

I like my Phase 90 for slower songs with long, sustained notes. It's a little less boring than a chorus for me.

Visirale

That I own... My morley bass wah. Good for those old funk tunes. I really want a mutron though for those funky bootsy/stevie wonder type things.

I'll never own a synth pedal because I just use an Alesis micron for synth bass lines. Overdrive isn't my thing.. I can EQ my bass to sound gritty enough for the ballsy blues sound.

I would like to get a compressor for slap stuff though.

syciprider

I went through quite a few pedals before settling on these (for now).

pedalboardfinal

syciprider

I love it. I use it to fatten my overdriven sound with octaves. It's a very unique sound that really fills in the space in a three piece. You can see my actual slider settings in the pic :)

I'm sure the Micro Pog will be just as good for thickening up your sound.

Jim_F

I like having a stage tuner pedal. Also use my chorus occasionally for that 80s sound ...
Akai Unibass for fattening out the sound during guitar solos,
and an Akai Deep Impact pedal for the rare times I throw synth bass into the mix.
At some point I'll get an overdrive pedal.

Top Bottom