• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

The new guy

ok here it goes:
last week i got back from nyc were i had this gig.
i knew about this trip 2 monthes before and allready planed to check out the new luke bfr that they had in guitar center,so with the money in my pocket (cash i might say)went to guitar center on 14th street in manhatten. one day after i landed in the us .and one day befor the show itself...
entered the shop and said to the sales person " i would like to check out the new luke bfr hanging on your wall here"
he replyed "gladly" and wend to get the lader!!!
to make a long story short ,,, i checked it out . it was un realistic how good it was! it was set up just perfectly sounded great and all

now get this !!!!!!!!!

on my way to the to the cash register looking for the guy that broght down the guitar from the wall i noticed that the guitar got peeled from right above the electronics lid!!!!!!!!!!!! (bad bad finish)

i was acctually went for my pocket to get the cash out when i saw that !!!!so i went to the sales guy and told him what i saw. he was shocked himself. he was like...
" how come we never encountered with this when we FIRST got the guitar from ebmm ???? so you're not gonna take it are you?? he asked ...no i replyed i'm so sorry...

i swear i was about to cry my nuts off.
i wanted to take this trip opportunaty to buy this guitar without having to wait for so long. saved that money for that trip allthough i have another medalion gold luke on order...
but there you go... i left the shop with no bfr in my hands and a whole lotta money in my pocket ...
this is a true story i am not bull****ing you guys. actually i hope ebmm cs will check about it to see i ment bsns

this is the most unfotuned situation i have ever had to deal with...

and that was it
take care and thanks for taking the time to read this

bye till next time

Larry

I'm not totally following the story but the Ball had shop wear? :confused:

Jimmyb

Why post a thread on it? Why not just call CS and let them know?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but what you're doing here is publicising something on the internet without giving the company any chance to address the issue. Someone researching whether to buy one of the BFR's may come across this thread and it could put them off making the purchase.

So essentially, you're using a forum supplied by the company to potentially cost the company sales.

I really don't think that it's a deliberate thing and I believe you're only trying to point CS in the direction of this particular guitar, but BP has asked time and time again for people to not post threads about instrument problems.

Sorry to go on a bit. No personal offence meant to you :)

deanmm

Feel or peal ???

I don't mean to be offensive but your story really amazes me !
A scratch/ a peal on the back ?
Will it play out of tune, will it sound dull and boring ?
You played it, was it bad ?
Is it about a musical instrument or a piece of showroom furniture ?
(and it's on the back so MTV cameras won't film it ?)

I got one with back pealed all over, although my dealer told me that there's no better company in repairing/changing/fixing their stuff than EB, almost no questions asked, he offered to send it to SLO and it'll come back new... well, it will still play the same !

(btw. pealing developed while in my possession, why and how, i don't have a clue nor do I care too much)

I do gaze at sight of a beautiful guitars, but mostly because the image suggests to me beautiful tones, great feel, but you have played this one ?

I know I'm preaching and you should really do would you think is right, I'm just ...well, it's a pity !

Cheers !
Dean

Last edited:

The new guy

well... i was not trying to bash ebmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do have four of them allready
what i am trying to say is ...
i was going to the shop wanted to buy this guitar and was not able to buy it. that is all!!!!

regarding to what was said here , i am sure that if you go to the car shop you would not want to buy a scrached new car... allthough it's running great and the light are working etc etc ......
when you pay so much money, you want it to be bloody freaki'n perfect

Spudmurphy

Guys, guys, come on let's leave it and let's have this thread locked.

I feel really sorry for the new guy, he's saved up cash for his dream guitar (not everybody has this amount of cash readily available I had to save 8loody hard ).

He's waited for the the day no doubt got all excited about it (come on guys read some of the threads on the forum from knuckleheads who have ordered an EB guitar and cant contain their excitement in counting down the days).

He arranges the trip and pickup and there's some kind of problem - lets leave it at that, the problem doesn't concern us.

BP has stepped on board very quickly - shoot guys, would you get this from other companies (rhetorical question) - now let's leave it to the New Guy, the guitar shop and EB to sort something out here.

I'm kinda getting fed up with the "BFR bashing" going on and it has to be costing EB a lot in man hours and resources to stop the "snowball rolling down the hill and getting bigger".

If (or read as a result of) EB start incurring extra costs because of hype and possible hyperbole, then there will come a time when we (the paying customer) will have to foot the bill by paying more for our merchandise.

Please, let's nip this one in the bud now.

Spudmurphy

Yeah but even I am liking the BFR Black guitars.

Hey - and sorry to be OT (again!) - did ya get your AL's signed by Big AL? (BAL just need another "L")- ok time for my medication !!

marillion-freak

He arranges the trip and pickup and there's some kind of problem - lets leave it at that, the problem doesn't concern us.

The problem is he didn't "arrange" anything. Please re-read the original post. This thread doesn't pass the smell test. It stinks. If I came upon a questionable EBMM guitar in a shop, I would tell them to call CS and send it back to SLO. I ain't buying the OP's claim.

For a side show:

"one day after i landed in the us .and one day befor the show itself..."

Notice the "one day after i landed in the us"?

Yet again someone trying to circumvent the EBMM distribution network. Somebody check BP's blood pressure, it must be boiling.

Fanboy

Spudmurphy

^^
Whoa up there Marrilionfreak - my written word sometimes does not convey what I would be saying in a face to face conversation - thats the problem with forum/internet speak isn't it?
"I knew about this trip 2 monthes before and allready planed to check out the new luke bfr that they had in guitar center" - to me that sounds like making an arrangement to do /see something backed up with an arrangement to have a wad of cash with him.

Lighten up. - I feel for the guy but he has to realise that it's not the way of doing things around here.

You know and I know the correct procedure when there is a problem, maybe we should spell them out again for any newbies.

1)You buy or are buying a new ball.
2) there is a problem with it.
3) Take this problem up with the Guitar salesman first - not EB Customer Service or br airing them on this forum.

If a problem arises after you have taken delivery, take it up with the Guitar Salesman - they will sort it out. If it is not to your satisfaction then CS should be approached.

Have I got that right?

Mods are aware of this thread.

The new guy

jesus oh sweet jesus
i was only telling you boys a story !!!!i was not bashing ebmm
these are my fav guitars!!! i work with these guitars only .i had 2 fenders that i sold after realizing embb are the guitars for me! so what the hell do you want from me?
just chill out !!!! no one is saying bad things about your mom for crying out loud guys
relax ... and by the way

i did made several phone calls to gc in mannhaten prior to my flghit to see if they have it on board ,so what smell wrong about that ?

besides ,i will get the bfr luke eventully i was only trying to overpass the waiting period ,,,that is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and yes that was a pain in the a$$ not to walk out of the store with that new instument ... you gotta a problem with me for feeling sh**y about it ???
your problem sir !!!!!!

no cs bash
no bp bash
no ebmm bash
no nothing just a sad story i wanted to share with you that is it...

prozak $12.99 in your local pharmacy .

Spudmurphy

just chill out !!!! no one is saying bad things about your mom for crying out loud guys
relax ... and by the way

and yes that was a pain in the a$$ not to walk out of the store with that new instument ... you gotta a problem with me for feeling sh**y about it ???
your problem sir !!!!!!

I felt for your plight, I'm sympathizing with ya, it must have been a real kick in the teeth? - but you have been "on board" long enough to know that it's not the way to do things on this particular forum - there's been a spate of BFR bashing around here without another post along those lines to rekindle the flames.

I have not aired any EB problem on this forum and we should all realise by now, that it's not the place to do it.

Anyway I'm sounding too much like a Mod - which I'm not.

Good luck New Guy and I sincerely hope you get the guitar of your dreams not of your nightmare.

Big Poppa

coupla things....lets understand that when he said peel he later said scratched...Customer service cant do anything about a shopworn guitar...
Im truly sorry that his dreams were dashed...I think that implying a finish peel is a little harsh on us.

Spud thans for the defense but if anything the bfr have weathered the bs storm. Too many happy stores and customers. I think we taught the guitar world about photos
and a few dealers too.

The sad point is that a musician scratched the guitar. It is amazing how little respect players have because "It's GUitar Center, man" Forgetting that most stores would only let you look at the guitar unless your creit card was taped to your forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom