• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

John Czajkowski

Morse and new Egnater EG5 (remixed clip)

Egnater EG5 in da house! (remixed clip)

Edit: Here is the original clip showing the bad-ass new Egnater EG5 preamp module, but I went back and took a hair off below 150 KHz with a gentle Q. I normally record with the cabs safely in the other room so I don't tweak myself, but as I was getting used to the new module the other night, I was within the killzone of one of my cabs...the ears were toast when I popped the clip up. This one is more to my liking and how the amp really sounds to me now.

Start Player

Last edited:

petruccirocks02

Damn, that thing sounds good. Sounds like it has a really nice lead tone. I'd like to try one of those out sometime, but as far as I know there's no Egnater dealers around here.

-Phil

roburado

Damn, that thing sounds good. Sounds like it has a really nice lead tone. I'd like to try one of those out sometime, but as far as I know there's no Egnater dealers around here.

-Phil

There aren't very many dealers at all. You can get them at The Amp Lounge where the amps are made in Berkley, MI. You can also try Cowtown Guitars in Las Vegas, Boutique Guitar Exchange in Atlanta, and Indoor Storm in Raleigh, NC.

Contact info for the dealers: Egnater Amplification • History

roburado

I've only heard the EG5 once before. IIRC it was with a JP with D-Sonic--2007LE, I think. It was a pre-production EG5, I think. It sounded kind of abrasive to me. This is much smoother. I don't know what changes, if any, were made to the EG5. I'm definitely interested to hear it again after hearing this clip.

John Czajkowski

Thanks for checkin this one out.

Roburado, I tend to make things sound darker than they may sound in another player's hands due to how I hear things and then play. This channel is really sensitive and aggressive. It took me a few minutes to get it situated so it felt nice and comfy. You could easily take it over into that really squeally Zach Wild metal place or over into a darker and browner fusion thing...or somewhere politely in between as I am trying to show here. :)

glockaxis

I enjoyed the clip as well. Another amp I'll have to ckeck out before I pluck down the cash and commit. Call me Fogman Jr.

fsmith

Very nice John. I had to go to the Indoor Storm site and check out the rest of the tones available. That is one very versatile amp. Very nice tones from many of the modules. With one head and six modules you could rule the world.

John Czajkowski

Thanks guys. Like many, I've owned a number of amps over the years, but I ultimately gravitate to stuff thats either really specialized or really versatile. Just as the Morse is a super flexible guitar with amazing quality, the same can be said for the Egnater modular amps. I built a dual MOD 50 ego-rig that is super versatile. I loves it. There is actually a big thread on it at HRI with schematics, and video if anybody is curious how it is layed out.

Czajkowski Egnater rig of death

1490323.jpg

roburado

Sorry for the hijack, John, but have you tried the Egnater Tourmaster amps? I just saw them for the first time on the Egnater site a couple of days ago and then in the GC Platinum holiday catalog.

John Czajkowski

Sorry for the hijack, John, but have you tried the Egnater Tourmaster amps? I just saw them for the first time on the Egnater site a couple of days ago and then in the GC Platinum holiday catalog.

I have not tried them yet, but I too am interested in how they feel. I hope I don;t ahve to wait until NAMM. They could be a very good recommendation for players on a smaller budget who still want a variety of good tones. If Bruce is going to put his name on it, I predict it will be solid as hell.

rmh925

Hey John maybe you have been asked this before, but what is the second jack on your steve morse for? Awesome rig my the way.

John Czajkowski

Hey John maybe you have been asked this before, but what is the second jack on your steve morse for? Awesome rig my the way.

Thanks, the second jack is a custom hex output from the RMC piezo bridge saddles in the Tunomatic bridge. It runs to a splitter box on the pedal controller board and then into the rig and the Axon synth controller.

Top Bottom