• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

AnthonyD

This month's Guitar Player magazine features John Fogerty. Page 96 has a great live shot of him with an Axis. Page 97 has more EBMM support:

GP Mag: On the new album, you're holding an Ernie Ball MusicMan guitar. Is that an instrument you're also playing a lot now?

JF: That's my blue Axis, which I use in my live show for "Keep on Chooglin'," "Travelin' Band," and "Sweet Hitch-Hiker." The Ernie Ball company makes really great guitars. I'm not an official endorser, but I use their guitars because they're built well and they sound great. I've got some old Strats, but I hardly use them anymore because Ernie Ball made me a beautiful Strat-like guitar - which is what you're hearing on "Gun-slinger" and "Broken Down Cowboy." Ernie Ball's Dudley Gimpel helped me design that guitar..."

Great example of an artist playing what he believes in playing as opposed to playing what he's paid to play.

leftyguitarblue

i just received that issue as well. I haven't read it yet, but that's great! it's nice to hear someone support an instrument he's not even officially endorsing. It just goes to show what quality instruments EB make. And John Fogerty could play ANYTHING he wanted to.

Nancy

John Fogerty is one of my favorite guitar players. That man can rock. I saw him in person at the Ryman here in Nashville a few years ago and he rocked the place! The older he gets, the cooler he gets!:D:cool:

poj

I've got some old Strats, but I hardly use them anymore because Ernie Ball made me a beautiful Strat-like guitar - which is what you're hearing on "Gun-slinger" and "Broken Down Cowboy." Ernie Ball's Dudley Gimpel helped me design that guitar..."
I don't think he's talking about the Axis.
Is this a special guitar in start body shape special made for John Fogerth?
If yes, I'd like to see the picture.

mcvinyl

He's coming to Aus in March. I've got my tickets to see him at Bluesfest already. Can't wait to see him play that EBMM!!!

Simon

mark_tampa

Nice video of John and his EBMM...
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lVstO7K8E"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Top Bottom