• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Headstock

White Ice Silo Pickguard Extravaganza

I have a White Ice Silo pickguard that I bought in a rush of excitement.
Only to later think... hmm I wonder if I pulled the trigger without thinking about what I was buying. I did :)
So I have a White Ice pick guard that fits a 24 fret Silo HSH. A guitar which I do not(nor have I) own. The pick guard is not mint, as it has some scratches, but its nice enough to put on a guitar.

I imagine it is priced right. $0 I'll ship it free of charge as well(if your in the 48 states otherwise I will cover up to $5 of shipping charges)

The conditions:
  • No refunds or exchanges. If it breaks in transit, I will offer condolences - "Sorry" :)
  • You must post a picture of the silo that you will use it on in this thread to be entered/qualify.
  • If you win you must post a "after" photo with the installed pickguard.
  • I get to choose the winner. Likely to be completely random. Unless you win and I don't like you :p
  • If nobody cares and nobody posts a photo I will keep it.
  • Mods can't close thread or delete entries to win. :p

The Goods
IMG_5181.jpg

Last edited:

RocketRalf

LOL if I win it's your fault nice photo :p

G5.jpg

Looks on a guitar are actually not my priority, so if someone else here dies for it please give it to them. Although I always thought that black pu's on a white pg would look nice, and it'd be cool for an alternate pickup arrangement in the future (thinking on ToneZone-EvoSC-AirNorton). Though I don't have those pickups yet, can you send them too? :p

Oh I have a shipping method in the USA, but in any case I wouldn't ask you to pay for anything.

macdaddy

Where do you buy replacement parts like that? I would like to buy a Silo pickguard assy or put one together but I'm new and lost...:confused:

candid_x

Where do you buy replacement parts like that? I would like to buy a Silo pickguard assy or put one together but I'm new and lost...:confused:

You can order them alone or fully loaded from CS.

Rocket, love that black/rosewood/tort combination.

RocketRalf

Agreed. that black/tort looks amazing. you should try to find a black bridge for it. Go all the way!

I'm not taking the bridge out :eek: in fact I'm not really sure I want to touch anything in the guitar, not even the pickguard. The guitar is perfect like it is. I'll just take it off headstock hands if no one else wants it.

TheBassGuy

If you would ship this pickguard to the Netherlands, that would be awsome! (ofcourse all shipping costs covered by me). I've been looking for a white ice pickguard for my silo for weeks now. The pickguard that's on mine is all dried out/bubbly and yellow colored near the lever when I bought it about a month ago (New old stock with crappy pickguard ;) ). I've been trying to get a white ice pickguard but so far failed. It seems impossible to get a white ice pickguard to the Netherlands... :(

Quickly made a pic with my bro's cam (sorry for the poor quality):

silo.jpg

Ofcourse pictures with the new guard on will be made :)

Last edited:

RocketRalf

If you would ship this pickguard to the Netherlands, that would be awsome! (ofcourse all shipping costs covered by me). I've been looking for a white ice pickguard for my silo for weeks now. The pickguard that's on mine is all dried out/bubbly and yellow colored near the lever when I bought it about a month ago (New old stock with crappy pickguard ;) ). I've been trying to get a white ice pickguard but so far failed. It seems impossible to get a white ice pickguard to the Netherlands... :(

Quickly made a pic with my bro's cam (sorry for the poor quality):

silo.jpg

Ofcourse pictures with the new guard on will be made :)

dude you NEED that white ice pickguard. If I win it's yours ;)

GuitarHack

LOL if I win it's your fault nice photo :p

G5.jpg

Looks on a guitar are actually not my priority, so if someone else here dies for it please give it to them. Although I always thought that black pu's on a white pg would look nice, and it'd be cool for an alternate pickup arrangement in the future (thinking on ToneZone-EvoSC-AirNorton). Though I don't have those pickups yet, can you send them too? :p

Oh I have a shipping method in the USA, but in any case I wouldn't ask you to pay for anything.

Rocket, that guitar is just perfect. Great call on the black+tort.

And Headstock...cool thread!

Headstock

Weekend bump. Winner to be picked Sunday! Several good qualifying candidates, although it looks like some of them need "the treatment" more than others. Any more entrants ?

SubMariner61

I'm trying to order a new pickguard for my soon to arrive Sub 1 from a vendor who does not have a pickguard template for it (or any EBMM guitar) but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the Silo PG fit (minus of course, the middle pickup)? If so, would it be possible Headstock to scan the pickguard for me at 100%?

Sub1 Zero

I think the Silo Special guard might fit, but not the Silhouette. The guard on the Sub and Silo Special is actually quite a bit bigger than the one on the Silhouette.

Top Bottom