• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

chumbawamba

hi everyone...

i know this topic seems to be ridiculous.....

but take a look closer at your john petrucci guitar and you'll maybe see that for example the nut has been glued on the neck without love....
even the higher frets (24th fret area) are done not really with love..(in my opinion =D)

u can even see that there is glue all over the rosewood of the fretboard....

and as u know the headstock has a wonderful finish...but at the place where the nut is installed the finish has an ugly bubble.

i mean my guitar is working wonderful and the intonation is quite perfekt....but what did musicman do to these wonderful instruments?

is this normal?

is this the result of mass production or a bad worker on ma guitar?

or does this give ma guitar still a lot of character? =D

cheers dudes!

chumba

kneeoh

I have 5 Pets and NONE of them have the problems you're describing. My other EBMM's like-wise do not have such problems. You should contact your dealer and/or bring it to them for inspection before posting about the problem.

jim1h

I just checked through your posts you seem to be only posting problems are you for real? stripping the screw heads on your trem, seeing joints through the finish cracking inputs!! lots of glue on the nut give me a break, I doubt that guitar would have got past QC you are having a laugh mate.

the24thfret

It wouldn't have come the way you described from the factory. There is something called Quality Control, and EBMM has it.

phantomzer0

Actually he is right, both of my BFR's have this same issue. My Walnut even has some bubbles in the clear coat near the neck. Both nuts have the bubbling clear coat and the Bahama Blue has clear coat or glue all over the 24th fret and up the side.

Some of you people need to get off your Ernie Ball high horse and give people some God-damn respect. I absolutely hate how most of the people on this forum jump down peoples throats for complaining about their extremely expensive instrument, that has something wrong with it. Ernie Ball is NOT the end all be all of guitars. GEEZ.

I for one expected perfection out of my $6,000.00, but I understand that that is impossible. Cut the guy some damn slack.

I love you guys and this forum, and I especially love EBMM, but some of you guys are way to over zealous about it. This is a problem that warrants some ACTUAL responses and troubleshooting. I swear Some of you guys act like little children. How about offering the guy some help, and actually act like the "Awesome" and "Best" community you all pretend to be.

phantomzer0

It wouldn't have come the way you described from the factory. There is something called Quality Control, and EBMM has it.

Sure they do, but is it possible that their guy over looked these issues? Or maybe he was told that they aren't issues and they are acceptable? Theres no way both my guitars have them and other people do.

This is exactly the typical response from the average EBMM fanboy. Take a step back and help out.

Dizzy

The main issue here is that the question should go direct to Customer Service.

The problem DOES exist - my BFR has the small 'bubble' behind the nut where the lacquer extends over the end of the fretboard and up to the back of the nut.

It's not easy to photo, but it is possible - IMO, the lacquer shouldn't go so thick right up to the nut, but hey, that's my opinion.

I contacted CS and they got straight back to me with great responses.

In the end I couldn't be arsed sending it all back.

Last edited:

robelinda2

Diamond Creek, VIC, Australia- at Rancho Alberto
One of my compensated nuts had a similar issue also. Like Dizzy i couldnt be arsed doing anything about it, Australia is just too far away. EBMM make unbelieveable guitars, best Ive ever played, their CS is fantastic, but they are only human, and every now and then a guitar will have the odd issue, its really no big deal, just go the right way about dealing with it and i'm sure it will work out fine for you.

the24thfret

I apologize. I've never seen or heard about such a defect, so forgive me for my ignorance.

threeminutesboy

I admit there might be minor issues with the recent production (faced 2 minors with my ASS from 2007, that I fixed myself, and one with the Luke) BUT

- there is nothing that can't be fix
- EBMM are still great guitars
- my 2007 models are really my favorite (might be because of compensated nut) and I'm sure those models will be even better with additional 10 years old :D

Big Poppa

this is really not a fair thread. Chumba has only posted negative stuff.....he bought the guitar grey market and it must be our fault that it wasnt what he wanted...I read all of phantoms past posts and never a mention except for how happy he was. Now someone who posts ANOTHER negative thread gets jumped.

This is another reason why you should support your local dealer and distributor.

Phantom, please refrain from the personal attacks and the tired fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom