• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drewbixcubed

BP and the guys were checking out the SSS prototype today.....check it out!!

(this is Poppa...I changed the thread title because anytime there is an argument or a wife talking suggestively in a thread it gets mega views)

poppa_test_20081017.jpg

poppa_test2_20081017.jpg

poppa_test_20081017-1.jpg

poppa_test_20081017-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

syciprider

Man oh man. It's going to be another new bass year in 2009.

And that's one heck of a break room they got in the factory!

T-bone

Oh my. How many pickups are on that bad boy? And what a great body design!

tbone

bassmonkeee

Wow. Are there piezos on that badboy, too? I see two stacked knobs, three switchs, and two regular knobs. Four band pre, vol, mag/piezo?

Whatever. I want one. Yes, please.

bovinehost

Administrator
I was thinking to myself, "Well, the Albert Lee body for a bass? COOL. But 3 single coils? I'm not going to want three single coils!"

I do not know what I was smoking.

That looks GREAT. Nice job, Drew, Biff, Scott, Dudley and whoever else is working on it.

Dudley? How about some deets?

Big Poppa

This is the best time. The two old goats Dudley and I at work. I am going to jump out on a limb and for those of you who think that maybe we had it......we still have it. The interaction and relationship is just something I cherish. Great Job Dudley!

OK what its not....It is not going to see life as a Albert Lee Bass. Like those sneak peak of new cars the body is a disguise.....

It does have three very special pickups that are our most current efforts. As with the Bongo it starts with a lot of controls and then we refine and distill it to user friendly eq.....

This is the basis of the 25th anniversary model Bass. Drew is in charge of the 25th guitar and it is totally new and I worked on that today too....sneaks on that late next week.

Back to Dudley and I. We have been doing this bass by phone....talking about where we think a bass should be voiced...etc. I played the first one last week. I think that the young guys may enjoy these design sessions...Drew has pics of that too and maybe he will post.

Today was also fun because I got to do this with Scotty and Brian.

There are some HUGE sounds in this bass. (that was with only 9v or less.............hint hint)

bovinehost

Administrator
This is the best time. The two old goats Dudley and I at work. I am going to jump out on a limb and for those of you who think that maybe we had it......we still have it. The interaction and relationship is just something I cherish. Great Job Dudley!

You probably already know this, but it's exciting for the peanut gallery, too.

Knowing you and Dudley, I never doubted that you guys still "had it". Then you get those young punks around (Scott, Brian, Drew and the rest of the crowd) and you never know what's coming next.

OK what its not....It is not going to see life as a Albert Lee Bass. Like those sneak peak of new cars the body is a disguise.....

I have my own quiet thoughts (and some that scream at me, late at night), but that body looks so much better as a bass than I thought it would. Is that bigger than a standard AL?

This is the basis of the 25th anniversary model Bass.

You don't get this kind of entertainment, even on the Discovery Channel.

I think that the young guys may enjoy these design sessions...Drew has pics of that too and maybe he will post.

Aw, you calling me a 'young guy' is pretty sweet.

There are some HUGE sounds in this bass. (that was with only 9v or less.............hint hint)

So a 4.5v circuit? Cool.

:cool:

Top Bottom