• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Notorious BMC

...Yellow :D So I've seen the beautiful colors of the Ernie Ball basses... but I've yet to see one that was bright- in your face -yellow. I've seen the blue, the red, the white and even the dargie... but as a yet, no yellow. I'm not gonna lie, it saddens me a little. I mean it's a great color... is there any chance we could see some yellow in the future?

oli@bass

If green basses don't sell... imagine what happens to yellow :eek:

Anyway, it seems that metallic colours are preferred, so some kind of gold would be the replacement for yellow I guess. Oh, and there was Desert Gold, kind of bright orange that could look yellow-ish under certain lightning.

Notorious BMC

I think the bright color would attract more attention and they'd sale more. ... but I'm not claiming to know anything about sales. Colin's probably right... maybe they wouldn't sale well, but you never know until you try! :)

strummer

Enormous Member
There is a reason yellow is such an unusual color on instruments, you know.
Also as someone said eariler, it is very very difficult to make a metallic yellow, though I seem to remember a recent example from a smallish car manufacturer. Anyway, it's difficult and would definitely not sell well anyway.

oddjob

Would love a yellow bass, but it is like Pops said, the #1 order is black. All of the "bright" colored instruments have their place but the general public is generally boring.

silverburst

I love yellow. But, like with yellow cars, you will find that people do not like yellow things.

They love them, or hate them. There is not much in between. And the number of people that hate yellow is alot higher than the people that love it.

RocketRalf

+1 for yellow as LE2010. With black hardware. And Taxi stripes :D

Nah just kidding on the taxi part. But I do think yellow and black look nice together. Think of a SR5 single H in yellow with black PG, RW and matching.

T-bone

Buttercream matched up with Markbass is heavenly. Plenty of yellow there.

tbone

Smallmouth_Bass

Heinz is strangely appealing. It's so ugly that it's beautiful!

I wonder how a canary yellow would age. The whites tend to yellow with age, so what does that do to a yellow finish? And then there's the question: what type of yellow? The really bright ones might be too much (think 80's)... How about a nice strong yellow like a Boston Bruins yellow, which is more along the lines of a NYC taxi?

Top Bottom