• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rforrest

I am having problem with my passive volume pedal. When i place it on my pedal board i lose all the sweep of the pedal and a considerable amount of gain into the amp. As soon as you move the pedal backwards you lose all volume.

I can take the pedal off the pedal board and hook it up by itself with 2 guitar cables and it works fine. I have tested all the cables on the pedal board and they are all good.

this is my efx order

guitar > boss cs2
boss cs2 > wah
wah > TS9
TS9 > Fulldrive 2
Fulldrive 2 > MXR EQ 10
MXR EQ 10 > Volume
Volume > Radial AB/Y (Isolated B Output)
Radial A > Line 6 M13
Radial B > Amp 2
Line6 M13 > Amp1

All pedal all power by voodoo labs pedal power 2
MXR and Line 6 have separate power supplies. Nothing on batteries.

This is driving my crazy so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

beej

Which VP is it?

Not sure I understand exactly. So it works fine on the floor, until you place it on your pedalboard? If you wire it up as if it was on your board (w/ longer cables) and them move it on to the board, what happens?

If the VP works fine on it's own (pulling on the cables/jacks to see if anything is intermittent or lose), then odds are you have a bad cable or jack somewhere that's shorting and grounding out.

rforrest

Yes you are correct it works fine on the floor but on the pedal board it loses its sweep. I thought this may be a bad cable or a short. I have checked all the cables and connections and all check out fine. I have swapped cables out also with no improvement.

I dont know what model it s of the top of head. I think it s a 6616 mono passive with tuner out.

beej

Okay, it works fine on it's own, so the VP is probably ok.

I'd work at it one step at a time. Try connecting one thing at a time until you find the culprit. See if that helps. Maybe try plugging the VP to your board using longer cables. Does the act of bringing it in contact with your board affect things? (eg is the grounded metal housing of the VP shorting something out, like the output of one of the pedals is making contact with the metal of the pedalboard, etc.)

Basically ... you're really the only one that can figure out what's going on. Start with the VP, make sure it's working properly. Gradually connect everything together until you find a malfunction. It'll take time, but troubleshooting always does.

bkrumme

Okay, it works fine on it's own, so the VP is probably ok.

I'd work at it one step at a time. Try connecting one thing at a time until you find the culprit. See if that helps. Maybe try plugging the VP to your board using longer cables. Does the act of bringing it in contact with your board affect things? (eg is the grounded metal housing of the VP shorting something out, like the output of one of the pedals is making contact with the metal of the pedalboard, etc.)

Basically ... you're really the only one that can figure out what's going on. Start with the VP, make sure it's working properly. Gradually connect everything together until you find a malfunction. It'll take time, but troubleshooting always does.

I agree with this. I'd start at the amp and connect one item at a time from the amp back to your guitar.

rforrest

The board is a Trailer Trash Pedal Board with a composite top. so there would be no grounding issues with the board itself. I'm going to take your advice and connect one item at a time and find the problem.

I'll keep you posted what i find out.

Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom