• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kevins

i think ill glue the black ones to my pj or something.

anyways should i get these proffessionally installed or do it myself? i see the factory specs on the faq and i have a further question. they have the specifications of the distance from the g to the pickup cover but not the e, and i really would like to duplicate the angle as close as i could?

how do i go about switching these things anywho?

i know these are noob questions but pleaaaaase theres like 2 things for for adjusting the one side lol.

will there be a difference in sound from the pickups being slightly different in angle or whatever?

Duarte

You just need to get a small screwdriver, unscrew the original covers (thus releasing the pickup I assume) and then screw the white pickup cover on, which will also hold the pickup to the body - and just make small changes in order to keep the height and angle correct - easy.

Should be a simple thing to do yourself, there's not really much room for 'critical errors' on with this one.

Edit: Silverburst, do you realy reckon? Would doing that yourself void the warranty or something?

Caca de Kick

Ever heard of a ruler. :confused:

Wait....you said covers. As in plural. How many basses you putting them on?

Last edited:

danny-79

You just need to get a small screwdriver, unscrew the original covers (thus releasing the pickup I assume) and then screw the white pickup cover on, which will also hold the pickup to the body - and just make small changes in order to keep the height and angle correct - easy.

Should be a simple thing to do yourself, there's not really much room for 'critical errors' on with this one.

Edit: Silverburst, do you realy reckon? Would doing that yourself void the warranty or something?

+1

Just measure the hight from the string to the pickup BEFORE you tool anything on the E & G string to use as a guide to put it back to ware it was before you started (as the screws that hold it down also adjust the hight of the pickup to the string) an you shouldn't have a problem doing it yourself.

Last edited:

five7

i think ill glue the black ones to my pj or something.

anyways should i get these proffessionally installed or do it myself? i see the factory specs on the faq and i have a further question. they have the specifications of the distance from the g to the pickup cover but not the e, and i really would like to duplicate the angle as close as i could?

how do i go about switching these things anywho?

i know these are noob questions but pleaaaaase theres like 2 things for for adjusting the one side lol.

will there be a difference in sound from the pickups being slightly different in angle or whatever?

Make sure and put the screws back in the reverse order in which they were removed. :)

kevins

yeah i guess what im wondering here is if a slight tilt in the wrong direction of less than a full milimeter will cause major tonal change or if it being milimeter higher or lower than it is. if its that sensitive then ill take it in for a pro to do it but if not ill do it myself. anyone know here?

kevins

on a side note...am i the only one excited by this?!?!? they just started offering them a couple days ago. I've been waitin' me whole life for white pickup covers.

oli@bass

on a side note...am i the only one excited by this?!?!? they just started offering them a couple days ago. I've been waitin' me whole life for white pickup covers.

So, are they available for the new style HH models as well?

kevins

i dont know actually but i did get to order them for a single h, you may want to ask EB customer service

Top Bottom