• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

klownhere

Hi,

About a year ago, the plastic fret protector for my PV Wolfgang mysterious dissappeared and I have noticed a bit more of the light string dents in my frets as a result. Replacement PV Wolfgang fret protectors rarely show up on ebay and when they do, the prices are just stupid. I just got an EBMM Axis and I was wondering what you all recommend for using as a fret protector? Thanks for the help!

tommyindelaware

if you got a hard case.......you really dont need to worry about it.
if your sporting a gig bag........u could easily make one. go to an arts and crafts store, buy some plastic and a small amount of velcro. done..

Hi,

About a year ago, the plastic fret protector for my PV Wolfgang mysterious dissappeared and I have noticed a bit more of the light string dents in my frets as a result. Replacement PV Wolfgang fret protectors rarely show up on ebay and when they do, the prices are just stupid. I just got an EBMM Axis and I was wondering what you all recommend for using as a fret protector? Thanks for the help!

ProtoChicken

Suhr's ship with them. Perhaps you could call them and purchase one. I assume the Wolfgang has stainless steel frets?

Last edited:

Lou

I have never seen this phenomemon. I smell balogna frying.

bbake1

I had a Wolfie long ago that had a fret protector.....I couldn't get the guitar to sound right at all with that thing on there. So I sold that guitar and bought an Axis ;)

straycat113

When you see someone selling a piece of plastic for $40 on ebay and people buying it it makes you wonder. The funny thing is all you have to do is call up Peavey and order one for about $15. You can get the same parts like Back plates, tuners ,trem bars and the likes that people sell on the bay for crazy prices by just giving the serial number of your Wolf.

Peavey and EBMM both have great or I will go as far as saying the best customer care departments in the business I like the fret protectors but cant say for sure if it is a proven fact that they actually work, though there is no arguing that all they can do is help.

I have guitars that I have not played much in years and never saw indentations in the frets from being in the case. Just makes sure if you have quite a few guitars you store them right. Never stack cases on top of each other as the guitars on the bottom that have all the weight on them can get damaged. I store mine standing and not flay which I believe is the best way.

klownhere

Cool. I didn't know that Peavey was still selling the Wolfgang fret protectors. Thanks!

tbonesullivan

I remember seeing those back in the day. I question whether they really are important at times other than when you are shipping a guitar. There's also little reason why a cloth wouldn't be just as effective.

Awhitlock

Never seen or heard of a fret protector before ... I assumed it was the hard case

Top Bottom