• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jp50dad

Hello,

I just got my son the Sterling JP50. Very nice guitar for the money. My son loves it. Anyway my son said he wants to replace the pickups with the crunch lap and liquid fire pickups that are in MM JP6. Has anyone made this switch and if so did it make the sound that much better?

Thanks for your reply

patpark

I installed these pickups on my JP50 and I did hear a big difference in tone. The neck picup especially is great for soloing and has a nice even feel across all strings.

the stock pickups are hot and for alot of guys playing with high gain, work well. I would only change pickups if I felt something was missing.

Use F space for the bridge pickup and standard spacing for the neck position pickup.

Last edited:

Heeboja

And remember if the amp he plays is lower end ones, changing pickups will not affect the tone that much. Dimarzios are a good choice for any guitar.

jp50dad

Thanks everyone. We ordered them today. I'll keep the stock ones just incase. He is playing through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and using a Boss Metal Zone pedal and a Crybaby Wah. Thanks again

Top Bottom