• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Frantic Slayer

:(

it happens

so I'm gonna have to send it back to SLO

my question is does anyone know how much these things tend to cost ?

kevins

i new nut is a couple of bucks and installing it should be pretty cheap too.

five7

Have you contacted customer service? They sent me a new nut and I had it put on locally.

dmk

I've busted a couple of nuts so far. I guess i didn't loosen the E string enough before trying to remove it. Get some replacements from EBMM. Great customer service as we all know. The bottom of the compensated nut has a little round peg that fits into a tiny hole in the neck, so be careful to lift the old nut up rather than trying to push it out sideways.

The old nut is also finished with lacquer (or whatever coating) so it's not a bad idea to take a razor and make a shallow cut lengthwise along the sides of the nut before you remove it to get a clean separation from the neck.

Frantic Slayer

I've busted a couple of nuts so far. I guess i didn't loosen the E string enough before trying to remove it. Get some replacements from EBMM. Great customer service as we all know. The bottom of the compensated nut has a little round peg that fits into a tiny hole in the neck, so be careful to lift the old nut up rather than trying to push it out sideways.

The old nut is also finished with lacquer (or whatever coating) so it's not a bad idea to take a razor and make a shallow cut lengthwise along the sides of the nut before you remove it to get a clean separation from the neck.

can the factory put the lacquer coating back on. (does it make a difference?)

btw, customer service isn't open on saturdays, I tried already.

Top Bottom