• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Larkinpeace

Hi!
I'm a spanish guy so I understand english so so...
I wonder which exact Axis guitar is using Jorn Viggo Lofstad from Pagan's Mind
He has a huge Distortion Sound and very defined & brilliant distorted chords
It seem to be an Axis EVH which is suposed to be equal to ... which axis current model? Axis Supersport?
Are the EVHs so different to the Axis standard?
On internet, all are talking about the amps & cabs he uses and they know that he uses Music Man Axis EVH but I think that similar models can be very different sounding because the same model sounds different with an ebony fretboard or a rosewood one, with body made of mahogany, alder, ash or basswood body...
It seems that current axis are made of Basswood but are the Axis EVH made of Basswood Too?
Maple Top?
it seems the pickups are dimarzio HH2 Custom humbuckers but, can anyone buy the same pickups from dimarzio directly? I don't think so
In any case, is there any pickup one could buy separately who is similar to these pickups?
Sorry for making a lot of questions but I'm a bit frustrated about it hehehe:p
Seeya!!!

azazael

From what I have looked on net past few minutes he uses many guitars.

However I saw him playing a blue Musicman EVH.
This guitar is now the Axis with a few minor changes.

The pickups are not available to buy - only made for Musicman.
Dimarzio say the Air Norton and Tonezone are very close but its just a lie to sell pickups.

The guitar is basswood with a maple top.

azazael

Just had a look at one of their live DVDs.

He played blue EBMM EVH with a flame top and d-tuna.

He played it throughout the DVD.

5150 Amps and cabs also.

I think he is a closet EVH fan lol

Slav123

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSLmBwYTgSw&feature=related"]YouTube- Jorn - Guitar solo[/nomedia]

Someone is definitely a big-time EVH fan!

Slav:)

Stratty316

Just noticed in the video Slav posted you can see AXIS on the headstock at about 1:10... so he must be playing an AXIS EX from Japan. None the less, that is a great vid.

azazael

Just noticed in the video Slav posted you can see AXIS on the headstock at about 1:10... so he must be playing an AXIS EX from Japan. None the less, that is a great vid.

Looks like EVH signature to me when I looked.
Cant really tell due to youtube's crappy flash compression.

Stratty316

Looks like big block letters... the EVH Sig would not have even shown at that resolution... and its Green... who plays a green EVH on stage? lol, but I think that particular one is an Axis EX

azazael

Looks like big block letters... the EVH Sig would not have even shown at that resolution... and its Green... who plays a green EVH on stage? lol, but I think that particular one is an Axis EX

Nope, first of all Axis EX guitars do not have any name on them. Only Ernie Ball Musicman.

and its an EVH...

mmevh.jpg

Progdude

Im a big fan of the Jorn/Pagans Mind stuff. Jorn Lande has a killer rock voice! And Jorn Viggos tone is just HUGE! Its like the guitar that ate New York!!!!

Yes I know I added nothing useful to this thread.

ScottYecora

See that interview of Jorn Viggo Lofstad, where he shows his EVH and Axis :

He uses a D-Tuna, which I had never heard of before seeing that video, and this made me buy recently a second-hand Axis : not only it has the perfect rock sound to me (I was a teenager in the 80') but I love the added ability to switch from standard to Drop D tuning in the blink of an eye provided by the D-Tuna.

Last edited:

Wahoonc

Yep--D-Tuna is a great tool and easy to keep in tune. Standard and drop-d represents a lot of the songs I play, so it is very handy.

Top Bottom