• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Paul Warren

Hey folks, a bit of cool news to share as I'm pretty excited! In September (the 25th to be exact), I'll be playing with Andy Wood as we open the show for Johnny Hiland and Michael Landau at the Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh. This is the headlining gig for the Southeastern Guitar and Amp Show which is being held over that weekend. I've got a booth at the convention for my music academy and Andy Wood is hanging with us at the booth and teaching a "shredneck" clinic. If you don't know Andy, he's not only an astonishing player, but a sincerely nice guy and also a HUGE fan of JP. I'll include a youtube link below of Andy jamming at NAMM. Anyways, it's a really cool opportunity to open for such monsters such as Hiland and Landau so come on out and join in if you're looking for a cool night of geeetar. Planning on busting out the JP7 for this one since a couple of Andy tunes are 7-stringers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

catdaddy

That's terrific Paul! I'd love to come see you but at this point it looks like I'm going to be at Carolina Beach that night. Knock 'em dead.:)

gerry d

Mike Landau is my favourite guitarist ever:)
his body of session work is astonishing as is his solo work, a modern day Hendrix..
but sadly no EBMM guitars in his arsenal ...:rolleyes:

congrats man and post pics of the show.

Paul Warren

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely do what I can to get some good pics.

Catdaddy, where are you in NC? I'll actually being playing a clinic on July 22nd with Andy in Raleigh at my academy, but of course no Hiland or Landau that evening. :)

paul

beej

Congrats Paul! That's awesome. Andy is a monster, no doubt. And opening for Landau? Man!!! That's outta site.

One quick note ... had to take down the youtube clip. It's the Suhr booth at NAMM, so probably not the best Andy Wood clip to post here.

Slav123

Congrats Paul!

I just checked out your website and this is a cool shot of you and Vinnie from back in 2003!
vinnie_paul1.jpg

Slav

catdaddy

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely do what I can to get some good pics.

Catdaddy, where are you in NC? I'll actually being playing a clinic on July 22nd with Andy in Raleigh at my academy, but of course no Hiland or Landau that evening. :)

paul
I'm about an hour and 45 south. Maybe... sounds like some good pickin' is going to occur!

Tung

Great gig, Paul. BTW you got a great opportunity to check out Landau's gear up close, please report, his tone is phenomenal, as well as his playing.

Top Bottom