• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ruedi

Hey Guys!

I really hope that you can help me out with that.
I`m having a MM JP BFR with the D-sonic/custom wound combo.
Now i want to replace the D Sonic with a Crunch Lab.

Do i just have to replace the green Cable with the green cable, the red with the red etc... or is there something diffenent???
I`m not that sure because of that story that JP turned his pickups around that the bar shows to neck...

Thanks!

PeteDuBaldo

If the D-sonic is factory original (which it should be on an older BFR) then simply match up the wire color for the crunch lab.

The EB D-sonic and EB neck pickup had the wiring re-engineered so they could use the same solder pads on the toggle switch even though the pickups were in a non-dimarzio-factory orientation.

Ruedi

Thanks!

But i have another question!

The Holes in the PUs for the Screws are too small! Do I have to bore a bigger hole??

PeteDuBaldo

You can fit the screws to the holes before putting the pickups in the guitar. The screws will fit tightly and will be difficult to turn at first but keep turning them - once the hole in the baseplate opens up a little bit they will go through just fine.

estebitan1212

hey man this is the diagram of wiring from the push pull tone !!!!!!!!!!! ;) and that is the configuration of the pickups!!!!!!!!!! greetings from colombia

Ruedi

Hey thanks a lot, both of you!

The diagramm is good, but again not like in my guitar. The red and green wires go to the PushPull but end up in the dot in the left "up" corner and not in the middle, like the diagram says...

estebitan1212

Hey thanks a lot, both of you!

The diagramm is good, but again not like in my guitar. The red and green wires go to the PushPull but end up in the dot in the left "up" corner and not in the middle, like the diagram says...

buddy you can take a picture of your push pull diagram???? or maybe a picture os the wiring of your bfr, please!!! i want the thing of the push pull in my jp6

Top Bottom