• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bradfordws

I'm back with more Sabre stuff - yes, I'm 1 of the 7 Sabre fans out there! I had seen this video before and came across it again today - Louis J on the Sabre!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WjzepkzLvc]YouTube - THE BROTHERS JOHNSON Stomp 1979[/ame]

spideyjg

Órale bradfordws!
GREAT vid...
and as a fellow Sabre lover, I've got your back! :cool:

Me too.

Gratuitous picture...

Spacing005-1.jpg

Manfloozy

I'm very curios about Sabres, I haven't done my homework yet, but they have more knobs and switches and an oddly shapen pickguard.... They must be cool!

Bean

I'm glad to see there are others out there...

And by others I mean folks, like me, who wear their shades while they drive at night. Thanks Bro Jo's!

EdFriedland

I'm playing with a 10-piece top40 funk band tonight, and Stomp is on the setlist! Bringing my Sterling 5 to make sure it sounds legit!

Rano Bass

Great song, too bad they are just playing along with a recorded track :(

Check this video for some live Sabre and Louis Johnson playing [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=echg0Gek9QA&feature=related]YouTube - Stomp-Louis Johnson[/ame]

Sounds good!

Damian

lois johnson is awesome... There is a clip of him playing micheal jacksons (get off the floor and dance) it looks like he is playing a jazz bass with MM pick ups on it..im 37 but in the late 70s and early 80s that time was gold to me..those were the lines i got in my head as a child...anyway, I know a guy via youtube who is italian and has a sabre, gbut im betting you know him...I have a stringray fretless myself.
D

stub

Well, theres another sabre fan here if i buy one (11) but, having never played one b4 if i find the sound and feel to be **** i'll have to sell it and we're back down to 10 again :D

Top Bottom