• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Infidelity

If he replaced the string post then there must be a hole in between the D and G strings that's one of the great indicator of Pre-EB basses, I can't see a hole in the picture..

Anyways, I think its a fair deal..

Last edited:

Caca de Kick

There are oddities about this bass:

-string tree is in the wrong location.
-I can't see any pickguard holes.
-the strings appear to be in a top strung bridge, but the body has thru holes.

The price is 'too good to be true', but I'm smelling hodge podge refin here...but I wish he had better pictures.

Musicman Nut

Tanner

Oh a FRETLESS!!! Oh it's unlined!! Oh it's maple!! Oh it's a pre-EBMM!!

I would so love to have a go.

DJBenzBass

I saw it within the first 10 minutes that it appeared and almost bought it. Something just looked "not right". I think the bad pictures may have been on purpose.

The price is 'too good to be true', but I'm smelling hodge podge refin here...but I wish he had better pictures.

2ndBassGuitar

I am the one guilty of buying this beauty. Here is the story.... It is a one owner Stingray, originally sold by the same store that I bought it from. The bass was a custom order that never ever had a pickguard. The string tree was swapped out for the original but is placed between the A & D strings - there is no hole between the D & G, where the string trees from 1977 were typically installed. There is a Bartollini pup installed, but the original MM comes with the bass. There appears to be a stacked control knob on the Pre Amp. The bridge has both top load and string through capabilities. The bass appears to be incredibly clean and mint, so I thought it was well worth the investment to pick it up.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

HornetAMX

Glad someone here bought it. I came very close to buying it before posting it on here but I thought it would be better to pay my mortgage instead! :)

Top Bottom