• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fsmith

It is with sadness that I pass along the news that Michael Greene, (mbgreene) passed away today after a tough battle with cancer.

I work with his sister and she emailed me today letting me know and asked if I would share it with the forum, she knew he was active here and always kidded me about the two of us going to "band camp" on our trips for the knucklehead parties. For those of us fortunate enough to get to know him we'll always remember his wit and humor. He will be missed...

In her email she shared the following:
"You’ll be glad to know that we will have one of his Ernie Ball guitars with him during the wake. Who knows maybe he’ll get in a little jam session after we go home at night…"

The family also asked if anyone was interested that in lieu of flowers a donation may be made to the Ocular Melanoma Foundation OMF | Ocular Melanoma Foundation - Support OMF

Funeral arrangements have not been finalized, but I will post any information I receive. Most likely there will be a wake and service within the next few days.

fred

beej

I'm so sad to hear this ... this is horrible, horrible news. I hope he passed peacefully.

Fred- thanks for letting us all know, and for passing on the donation info.

RIP Michael.

fogman

DAMN this news sucks!!! I'm just beside myself hearing this.
Right before Christmas too.
I've been wondering how he was doing but didn't want to bother him with any emails.
He was one of our senior members here and will really be missed.

Thanks for the info Fred.

Good vibes sent to his friends and family. :cool:

mbgreene.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

mb99zz

This is very sad news. He helped give me some advise on a personal issue and followed up with me several months later to see how I was doing. I remember thinking that he was such anice guy to take time amongst his own problems to reach out to me. God bless you, Michael.

Colin

I really feel for Michael's family right now, he did things tough for a long time. Sad news and my thoughts are with them.

brasco68

What a loss to our Knucklehead family here....my thoughts are with his friends and family.

Rest In Peace Michael.

73h Nils

Oh no. This is terrible news! It really feels like a family member is gone. He seemed like a really genuine individual. My condolences to anyone directly affected...

Mr. Greene, you will be missed.

Big Poppa

I had a little inside information. Michael was a very smart,funny, kind and private man with a lot of pride. His situation was a challenge for him for quite awhile...When he would drop in here during the last years I knew that it was really hard for him but deep inside I felt that it made him happy to be able to be cic of the aloc and really an extended family.

To Michael's Family I am truly sorry for your loss. We will miss him greatly and will not fill his seat.

GWDavis28

Fred again thanx for the call. Michael and I would talk from time to time. I felt for his situation and would send him PM's to see how he was doing. Our last PM was just over a month ago.

First time I met Michael was at the Open House in 2005, seems like yesterday. He was a quiet humble guy, but had a sense of humor. We related well.

When I located the Gremlin Green AL that he had, he always want a sparkle finish and to score a Gremlin Green one was unheard of, it was NOS, and told him I wasn't interested in it, he was all over like a kid in a candy store. He was thankful and appreciative. I told him, go for man, it's all your. He loved that guitar.

Last time I talked to him was just over a month ago he had told me that he had relapsed, but ask me to keep it to myself. As always I kept his wishes. It's always sad to see a friend go, he was a great guy and will be sorely missed.

My condolences go out to his family. Truly a sad day. :(

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

Dizzy

Very sad news.

From the little bit that I knew of him he was definately one of the nice guys in this world.

I'll always remember him as the rugged looking dude in the tree pic :

mbgreene.jpg

DrGonzo5150

Awful news.
My condolences to his family and friends.

This is indeed a sad day for the knuckleheads. His presence and posts always had such a good vibe. He'll be missed. :(

the24thfret

This is very sad news, I wish his family the best during what must be a very difficult time.

Top Bottom