• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ohdamnitsdevin

Other than body color and the 3 way as opposed to the 5 way are there any other differences. Also no black hardware on JPXI. Anything else I'm missing?

DaPatrooch

Stainless steel frets too.

The body shape looks the same as on the JPX, but are there any differences? Also, what is the middle position on the pickup switch? Is it the same as the older JP models?

mesavox

So far this is comprehensive from what I've seen...

JPX Chambered
JPXi Not Chambered

JPX 5 way
JPXi 3 way

JPX 15" radius
JPXi 20" Radius

JPX black hardware
JPXi chrome hardware

JPX regular neckshape
JPXi new thinner shape

JPX barolo
JPXi onyx

JPX JPX shield
JPXi XI JP shield

JPX Nickel Jumbo Frets
JPXi Stainless Steel Medium Jumbo(BFR profile)

JPX JP Trem
JPXi wider pole spacing and shifted up saddle pattern trem with larger baseplate trem

Lax

So the JPXI is more of a BFR with a bigger body and the jpx is the only one chambered :/
Maybe it'll affect the price mark

whitestrat

With these specs, especially the lack of the 5 way and the lack of chambering, I think it's safe to say I won't be buying one. I'll probably go for another JPX7 and mod the death out of it while keeping the other one stock. Heh...

Sad... the flatter radius and the stainless steel frets would have been great to try. But the thinner neck will kill my hand that already hurts when I play a neck too thin for my tastes.

Lax

Hmmm if I was rich, I would try a custom order of a Chambered JPXI with a greater color :D
It would be the most awesome guitar I would ever touch

dannymusic

Hmmm if I was rich, I would try a custom order of a Chambered JPXI with a greater color :D
It would be the most awesome guitar I would ever touch

ebmm is not a custom shop; even if you're rich.

interesting...I thought chambering was looked on favorably. my jpx is alive.

ohdamnitsdevin

I'm really glad to see that EB is so eager to make JP a new axe at the drop of a hat and that they always deliver top notch and nothing half assed! I really love my JPX and cant wait for it to come back from the EBMM warehouse. (it's getting inspected right now)

I actually sent it in today and if anyone here remembers my story of my guitar I'll be posting updates on the progress of my guitar.

Top Bottom