• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Letidjey

Hi all,

I'm watching to buy in few days a new sterling JP100 and a Silo30.

Is someone here is able to tell me If we can add a piezo system on these guitars?
(ghost acoust-phonic, or fishman vs-100 bridge or anything else with a piezo system) -pat maybe :$

Thanks a lot for your answer.

patpark

if you can get me the measurements of those bridges,

post spacing
aprox space of the baseplate

I can let you know if it'll be a drop in replacement. The biggest issues are the size of the baseplate and the post spacing. Otherwise its going to be brain surgery.

Letidjey

Dear Pat,

Thanks for your answer.

Please find here a picture of the routing template for the fishman TSV bridge (I thinks it seems the nearer of the JP100 tremolo)

Fishman.JPG

For the ghost saddles, there is many different dimensions (Vintage Strat, Import Strat, Wilkinson ...)

What do you think for the fishman ?
Do you knoow the dimension of the JP100 saddles ? (I can compare them with the graptech ghost available)

thanks a lot

patpark

the JP50 trem baseplate will fit within this spec. Also the post spacing is the same. If you can get a spec on the depth of the block, that would help as the block on the JP50 is bit shorter and has a slight angle.
I sent the email regarding the saddles.
Thanks
Pat

WalterLacayo

what about this one? I might consider installing it eventually.

Don't know if that info there is enough to know, I'm aiming at the U.S. Standard version.

246374.jpg
632866127647785490.jpg

Specifications

U.S. Standard
• Works with 2 1/16" or similar E-to-E string spacing and two mounting posts
• Threaded tremolo arm
• Post spacing is 2.2" center to center.

Source:
LR Baggs | X-Bridge | Acoustic Guitar Pickups

Last edited:

patpark

hi walter
i really need the outer post spacing (center of post to post) and the overall dimensions of the baseplate.

I checked the site briefly and didn't see it.

Thanks
Pat

WalterLacayo

This is all I could find in the PDF Manual they have there. Does it help?
No info about the baseplate, but if it's the same as a Strat as it is said there, then I could find one and compare.
Thanks!

2 . OVERVIEW AND CAUTIONS
The X-Bridge is a tremolo bridge pickup that is a drop-in replacement for the American Standard Strat bridge. Post spacing is 2.2" center to center.

Source:
LR Baggs | X-Bridge | U.S. Standard Manual (PDF)

Last edited:

Strider

the JP50 trem baseplate will fit within this spec. Also the post spacing is the same. If you can get a spec on the depth of the block, that would help as the block on the JP50 is bit shorter and has a slight angle.
I sent the email regarding the saddles.
Thanks
Pat

Hey Pat

i'm very interested in this post, so it is possible to change the original bridge with the Fishman VST???
and the thing with the saddles is optional??

thanks for your answer

Erick

dannymusic

hold off and wait for a USA JP6 w/piezo. You'll be miles happier. Adding a piezo is ALWAYS a compromise. I had an aftermarket. If you know there is better out there, you'll always be wanting it.

Defender2000

I completely agree with danny. A few months ago I bought a JP50. It was a very well made guitar, especially in its price range. I too looked into upgrading the bridge to a piezo system, also upgrading the electronics and the pickups. By the time you put all that money and effort into it, you're pretty close to getting the real deal. I ended up returning the JP50 and ordered a fully loaded JP6 and couldn't be happier. Deals pop up on this board and ebay all the time. If you can hold out, I believe you would be happier if you waited.

One thing to note too is the Sterling necks have a completely different shape compared to the Ernie Ball necks. I noticed the sterling neck was flatter on the back. Not that is was bad, its just not the same as the EBMM neck.

WalterLacayo

You guys have a point, but I think that in the end what defines if taking the risk is worthy or not is your own perspective.
I have a JP50 and I'm willing to take the risk. Worst case scenario: I don't like how it all goes, take it off and sell it on ebay.

Why I think it's worthy? Because (in my case) if all goes as planned, I'll have a nice guitar with piezo for around $900 instead of $2000+
I know there are better sounding piezos, there will always be, but I just care about adding a little acoustic dynamic to my tone whenever I need it (which is not even 10% of the time), after all an electric is meant to be an electric, if I wanted the best acoustic tone I'd get an acoustic. And that without mentioning I've learned about guitar hardware while researching the subject, before I just knew how to plug n' play haha. I just think it's been interesting.

So it really depends, I don't encourage anyone not to put a piezo on their own, just analize your situation and see if it's really a viable solution.

Strider

i'm with Walter about the JP50 i'll have a very good guitar with a value around 900$ - 1000$ if i put the dimarzios too
by the way here in Honduras we don't have a EBMM dealer so that's the problem to get a Full Loaded JP6 w/Piezo and it's out of my price range so i think it is a very viable solution to get the piezo bridge with the guitar

so that is in my opinion.

Pat i'll wait for your anwser :D

jbailes

I have interest in this thread too. Not to add a piezo system, but would like to simply replace the stock bridge as I'm not really happy with it at all. Mine is a JP100. The tremolo bar is not the proper size and flies out anytime I try to use it.

Sixstring2466

This is an old thread, byt would like to helt EBMM-fans and SBMM-fans. I have a 2009 JP50 and have sucessfully replaced the ”modern tremolo” with a Gotoh 510-FS1 TS, the one with the full steel block non angeled. It fits perfectly on the pivot posts that came stock. The string spacing is the same 2 1/16 inches. The only difference now is that the block is ”longer” but still fits beneath the trem cavity plate. I had to use 2 springs instead of 3 due to the fact that the springs now have a slightly angeled hence longer, hence higher tension. Works beutifully after set up. Sounds much clearer and bigger now!

Top Bottom