• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

squege

Have not had much time to read the forums lately so I'm a bit out of the loop. I did a quick search but did not get many hits. What's up with Luke's new guitars? Is there a Luke III hittin' soon? What's new and improved? Hard to imagine these guitars getting any better... :confused:

Roubster

I agree with Dean as well. Having a trem equiped guitar should not throw you off, since you can easily lock it down with 5 springs and tighten the trem claw. There is no way that will go out of tune...when I had my trem equiped Silo Special and LUKE in the past those things barely went out of tune even when I had them floating :).

guitfiddle

Squege, there's not much known about the Luke III that you haven't found by searching on here. We've seen some prototype pics. I think there will be a reverse headstock. Likely a HH configuration (or at least a HH option). Luke has been spending some time at the design cave in San Luis Obispo working on the details.

denny99

I for one would LOVE a hardtail Luke model. I love the feel and sound of a Luke but cannot deal with the trem as I don't use them nor can I ever keep them in tune because of my playing style and hand placement.

Set the trem to dive only, and remove the bar. I have set my Luke tremolo to dive only, and love it. No matter how hard I press with the palm of my hand on the bridge, it stays in tune. You can easily add one or more springs and almost feel like it's a hardtail Luke :)

JasonT

Have not had much time to read the forums lately so I'm a bit out of the loop. I did a quick search but did not get many hits. What's up with Luke's new guitars? Is there a Luke III hittin' soon? What's new and improved? Hard to imagine these guitars getting any better... :confused:

Other than the thread posted by agt, there's really nothing to report yet. Big Poppa indicated that it would have a reverse headstock and, I believe, a rosewood neck. Other than that, it has yet to be finalized. There are prototypes that have s/s/h and h/h pup configurations. BP also hinted that there was something with the electronics that we have not seen before. He's such a tease. :)

I believe someone else here said that Luke posted on his facebook page that he was planning to take some prototypes on the road this summer. I doubt we'll hear anything more about how it may turn out until after Luke gets to play them live this summer and decides what he likes and/or wants to tweak.

squege

Squege, there's not much known about the Luke III that you haven't found by searching on here. We've seen some prototype pics. I think there will be a reverse headstock. Likely a HH configuration (or at least a HH option). Luke has been spending some time at the design cave in San Luis Obispo working on the details.
Thanks man! Haven't had much luck with searching the forum, anybody have a quick link to whatever has been posted?
Thanks, JC.

Top Bottom