• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Movielife

I'm literally at the point now where I feel incredibly lucky to have such a good set of basses. It's kinda nice to not have constant yearnings for new gear. I think personally once my Bongo arrives I'll have (pardon the pun) all basses covered!

Now...I know how things can change quite quickly. In 2012 I begin my legal career, and hopefully financially I will be in a stronger position.

This will no doubt mean that in say 10-12 months time, I will think about another EBMM.

I have enough Rays, I have a lovely Big Al and Sterling, and a Bongo is coming. The only bass I don't have so far is a Reflex/Gamechanger.

Possibility for 2012? I hope so. We shall see.

What would you like to add to your collection?

MSilvers

I'm hoping my Game Changer will arrive sometime soon. After that I think I'll be done with new basses for a while.

Lynottfan

the lust for the 20th anniversary and 100th namm Ray's are still very strong, one or both is 100% going to happen.

njhammer

SR5 Classic in Black/Maple. The white/tort one I had was great, but just not my color (my buddy in the UK who now has it will disagree.....).

steve f

I'm gassing for a black reflex 5 hh with a maple board, bad...
Thinking of trading my ray for one, in fact, if I could find one.

BobKos

I might do a gold or white Reflex HH if the right deal turns up. I already have a 25th HH, so it would be redundant. But I dig the way they look in the classic colors. Love the Reflex / 25th HH instrument. Thanks EBMM for a great bass!

keko

I'll take a Darige Delight Bongo 5 H, please.

Hey, ...You're reading my mind ;) ...the same, only in Hp configuration! :)

However, I really want a Bongo 5 Hp in kinda LE or Dargie, ...BFR edition, ...something like that!
It would be the best with ebony fret board if possible, ...I was even dreaming one with whole graphite neck!!! :eek:

strummer

Enormous Member

However, I really want a Bongo 5 Hp in kinda LE or Dargie, ...BFR edition, ...something like that!
It would be the best with ebony fret board if possible, ...I was even dreaming one with whole graphite neck!!! :eek:

Keko, I hear you, though personally I have a hard time understanding the lure of the piezo. Graphite neck, nah, from what I've played (status SR4) I prefer the wood necks. But BFR, yeah most definitely!

keko

I have a hard time understanding the lure of the piezo. ... But BFR, yeah most definitely!

Mmm, ...I understand piezo definitely and think it's time to get one neodymium H at sweetspot with piezo (4 band EQ including in that combo)!
I need one like that for some folk set list gigs which I play very often, when need kinda acoustic/harmonic/tuba bass tone!!!

Reflex will be used for urban pop/rock/dance set list gigs! ;)

stu42

I'd like a Big Al 5SSS. Just played one yesterday for about 20 minutes and had a chance to compare it to a Bongo 4H - finally!! The Big Al SSS rocks!! I think I could probably spend a year just exploring all the tonal possibilities of passive mode. And then there's active mode!!

The Big Al SSS is very different than the Bongo H and has an interesting midrange character and it's surprisingly growly. There is a similarity in the extended frequency range offered by the neodymium pickups but the similarity ends there. The Bongo single H is still crazy loud and powerful though in comparison.

Last edited:

laneline

Bongo 5HS Tobacco Burst w/ ether a Roasted Maple neck or a Tinted Classic Maple neck with Active / Passive capability, of course the all Roasted Bongo tease BP posted will work as well.

Golem

Uh huh. What could I really WANT for 2012 when my 2011 go-to ax
is a Boingo Hp ? It's black on black, which is kinda boring, so maybe
my "2012 dream MM" isn't a whole ax but just a new 1H Boingo-4 PG ?

And likewise, I'm widtchew on the Graphite neck. I got a Moses FL
neck waiting to go onto one of my fretted Rays. It's currently from
a GnL so it needs to have the holes relocated [same neck socket
for GnL and MM]. So again, a 2012 dream MM thaz not akchewlee
a whole ax. Both dreams are just bolt-on plastic parts !

I've been considering putting the Moses neck on my fretted SR4Hp,
but I'm also thinking that the piezo 'deserves' a real wooden FB ?

`

Last edited:
Top Bottom