• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tom F

OK, it's actually been a month or two since I got the new pick guard, but haven't had a chance to get pictures up.

Bought a clear pick guard for my Bongo, and turned an artistic friend loose with her acrylic paints. She did a mockup in photoshop, then painted a draft on paper, and then did the final version not he back of the pick guard - this way the art is protected. I wasn't huge fan of the black pearloid that was on the bass when I got it. This is much more my speed.

image-2.jpg

Unfortunately, none of the pics from my last gig came out vey well (at least none that showed my rig), but I'm really digging the Bongo with my new Genz Benz rig - Streamliner 900 and Focus 410. Very clear and phat, with as much grind as I want to dial in. Here's the whole family in one spot. Still loving the Stingray 5 too.

image-3.jpg

jlepre

Cool rig. I've been looking at the Focus 15 as an extension cab option when running 2 15 cabs.
I just noticed you're in Orange County NY too. Where did you get that cab, Altos?

Tom F

Thanks John. I actually got it on eBay (good price and free shipping). I didn't see any in stock the last few times I've been to Alto - took a leap of faith and was well rewarded!

Tom F

Thanks guys. I debated going with a black pickguard, but figured this was an inexpensive gamble. Came out even better than I expected.

Apparently, I have a thing for faces on pickguards - I put the alien sticker on my Stingray 5 a year or so ago.

Tom F

I'm already there! Last post is me.

It was actually the first thing I bought when I saw the finished pick guard, especially considering the way it is oriented.

Top Bottom