• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ZZY

Hey guys, first of all, I just found theese forums today. From what I've seen so far, this is a great community. Also I hope that i put this in the right section, I couldn't find one for Sterling.

So basically what I want to know is what is the difference between the JP100 and the JP60. I'm a huge Petrucci player and I'm interested in buying one of these guitars, but I can't quite figgure out which one would be better for me. Also how is the action, and play style versitility?

Thanks,
ZZY

patpark

the body shapes are slightly different. The Jp60 has the scooped forearm contour. The JP100 has a more traditional forearm contour.

The JP100 has the quilt maple top with a transparent finish (black or sunburst).

Both have jumbo frets and basically the same neck. Hardware, pickups are same.

Hope the info helps
Thanks.
Pat

ZZY

The finish. JP100 = Quilty black or burst. JP60 = black.

Hopefully, Pat Park will pop in on this thread with better details...

the body shapes are slightly different. The Jp60 has the scooped forearm contour. The JP100 has a more traditional forearm contour.

The JP100 has the quilt maple top with a transparent finish (black or sunburst).

Both have jumbo frets and basically the same neck. Hardware, pickups are same.

Hope the info helps
Thanks.
Pat

So ultimately just the body style and paint, alright, thanks guys that's all I really wanted to know!

-ZZY

Tung

JP60 or JP100, you can't go wrong. i love my JP50.
I should mention that besides the fact that these guitars are among the best in this price range, Pat is one of the best reps around and will go out of his way to help you with the Sterling line.

Top Bottom