• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

iGuitar Mag

Hi guys, thought i'd sign up on here to let you know about the review of the Reflex Game Changer guitar we featured in our latest issue.

There's a 25 minute video demo to go alongside the review. I hope it might help anyone thinking of buying one. It definitely impressed us in a big way here at the magazine.

This is the direct link to the magazine review Eddie Van Halen - iGuitar Magazine Issue 10

Screen shot 2012-06-25 at 12.34.17.jpg

If you have any further questions about the review please ask and i'll do my best to answer them. Also if anyone has any questions to ask Jamie Humphries who reviewed the guitar i can ask him too.

thanks
David
iGuitar

luv

First word of the article is a misspelling of Sterling Ball's name......that's rather unfortunate.

luv

^I'm receptive to good offers. :)

Btw....nice article and cool format. I like the added effect of the page turn when you click the arrows.

Last edited:

ScreaminFloyd

The magazine is new to me. I'm a fan now ! Great Writers, Articles and no advertiesments every other page.
NIce review of the Reflex as well. Thank you for the post.

DR5Guy

No offense, but the article reads more like an extended ad than an review. I agree the GameChanger is a great product, however reviews like this one don't have credibility in my eyes. There is nothing wrong with a company advertising a product, let's just call it an ad, not a review. One of the reasons I don't read guitar magazines is I find it impossible to find unbiased reviews any more.

iGuitar Mag

Glad you're enjoying the magazine guys. I'll let you know about any other Ernie Ball gear we feature in the future. Also, if anyone has any feedback after reading we'd love to hear it. We're still fairly new so we're looking at ways we can improve the mag all the time.

Any artists you'd like to see featured, any particular features or reviews, lessons etc. Let us know

Cheers
David
iGuitar

iGuitar Mag

No offense, but the article reads more like an extended ad than an review. I agree the GameChanger is a great product, however reviews like this one don't have credibility in my eyes. There is nothing wrong with a company advertising a product, let's just call it an ad, not a review. One of the reasons I don't read guitar magazines is I find it impossible to find unbiased reviews any more.

Sorry you didn't take anything from the review/demo. If anything, you're right in the sense that it's less of a review and more of an advert for what the GC can do. Jamie Humphries is an Ernie Ball endorser that's why we didn't think it was right to give it a rating. All our other product reviews get a rating out of 5 but we just left this one as a demonstration of the product so as not to appear biased.

If you think of the video as a showcase/demo of the GC then all the features and sounds are there for you to hear and make up your own mind on whether or not it's for you or not.

Thanks for the feedback though, taken on board.

Out of interest, does anyone on this thread own a game changer?

ohdamnitsdevin

Hi guys, thought i'd sign up on here to let you know about the review of the Reflex Game Changer guitar we featured in our latest issue.

There's a 25 minute video demo to go alongside the review. I hope it might help anyone thinking of buying one. It definitely impressed us in a big way here at the magazine.

This is the direct link to the magazine review Eddie Van Halen - iGuitar Magazine Issue 10

View attachment 19476

If you have any further questions about the review please ask and i'll do my best to answer them. Also if anyone has any questions to ask Jamie Humphries who reviewed the guitar i can ask him too.

thanks
David
iGuitar

Smart idea of marketing your product in here. The customer base you seek is here. Most EBMM players have the means to own a tablet device (I'm assuming because these guitars average 2k and many have mulitiple guitars). Also, a very good way to receive feedback for free! This way, you guys can get a feel of what our community here wants to read about.

I'm going to implement your tactics in my company.

My feedback: great content in the article with equally great flow. Great job introducing your product.

koogie2k

Glad you're enjoying the magazine guys. I'll let you know about any other Ernie Ball gear we feature in the future. Also, if anyone has any feedback after reading we'd love to hear it. We're still fairly new so we're looking at ways we can improve the mag all the time.

Any artists you'd like to see featured, any particular features or reviews, lessons etc. Let us know

Cheers
David
iGuitar

I would love an extensive interview lesson with Steve Lukather. He is one cool dude and a great player. Many people outside of EBMM can benefit from a Luke lesson as well. Just my 2 pennies.

iGuitar Mag

I would love an extensive interview lesson with Steve Lukather. He is one cool dude and a great player. Many people outside of EBMM can benefit from a Luke lesson as well. Just my 2 pennies.

That's definitely something we're working on. We're all big SL fans here so we'd love to feature him in the magazine.

iGuitar Mag

I had missed the second part of the video...

Its such a crazy instrument it scares me :p

Yes, it really is an impressive guitar. The fact that the signal is kept completely analog and there's no guitar "modelling" makes it all the more impressive. In terms of sound variation it has to be one of, if not the most versatile guitar ever designed. Or is there another guitar out there that can compete?

iGuitar Mag

Hi Mods, any chance we could get this thread moved to the Game Changer forum?

thanks
David
iGuitar

Top Bottom