• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the cool posts about the Purple Axis Tribute and also my non-smokingness in the other thread!

So... On to NYNGD (New Year's New Guitar Day) Number 2!

Today we have a Luke I Re-Issue in the mind-blowingly stunning Sledge finish:

photo_0004_nologo.jpg

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

I picked this up from Derek, Glen, and Alex from GC at the Philly Guitar Show in November. I hadn't been planning to get a Luke at the show... I always loved the Luke's body style, which is essentially a Silhouette with 'softer' contours, and of course the floating Floyd Rose bridge. However, the original Luke 1 had a very pronounced 'V' neck profile that never felt comfortable. When EBMM announced the limited Luke 1 reissue, I dismissed it with the assumption that the neck profile wouldn't work for me. Then, at the Philly Guitar Show, I tried the guitar and was pleasantly surprised that the neck profile is much more like a Silhouette on the reissue. I fell in love with the Sledge finish (which, incidentally, is impossible to photograph) and had to have one!

So, there I am brooding about this for HOURS at the show, and Derek and Glen keep needling me. Like, "Man, you gotta admit that Luke 1 is a pretty amazing guitar!" and "I've been thinking of picking that one up for myself" and "Hey man, that guy over there is eyeing the Luke 1!" F@@kers. ;) Alex and I worked out a fair deal and she came home with me (and some other siblings who you'll meet in the coming days).

Thanks to Derek and Glen for doing what they do. Top notch members of the EBMM team, in my opinion.

I'll be back tomorrow (or maybe even tonight) with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day!

(P.S. The first photo is the "official" Music Man glamour shot, not mine.)

look_at_her

Hey Dude,
Congrats on your new axe and zillion others you have picked makin me green of envy ;)
Glad it landed safe in a land of "tumeni axises" lol !!!

Andy G

This is the holy grail. I am so pleased for you. For me this is the ultimate guitar, so much so I have ordered a red one and started an L1 reissue group. Enjoy it, and if you ever decide to sell, give me first shout. I would love one in this finish.

Thanks for posting this.

Warm regards
Andy

Last edited:

dibart77

Oh mate. You are one lucky guy. Congrats of the highest order.

Thanks @Jonny Dubai!

Congrats on your new axe and zillion others you have picked makin me green of envy ;)
Glad it landed safe in a land of "tumeni axises" lol !!!

Thanks @look_at_her! But you can NEVER have "tumeni" of any EBMM! More, I say!

This is the holy grail. I am so pleased for you. For me this is the ultimate guitar, so much so I have ordered a red one and started an L1 reissue group. Enjoy it, and if you ever decide to sell, give me first shout. I would love one in this finish.

Hey @Andy G: Per our PM's, I am happy to join the L1 Reissue Group! A red one sounds nice. I have an original red one, but I think I need me a new one with the "new" neck profile (not a super V).

Congrats! That looks great! Got any bandwidth left for your gallery? :)

My server is good to go and I have a LOT MORE VIRTUAL ROOM for additional guitars in the Gallery. :D Problem is I am running out of physical space in my studio! :(

Damn, that collection keeps gettin' sweeter!!

Thanks @guitarp77!

Congrats - a Luke with a Floyd and in a crazy color, too. Nice.

Thanks @Tollie!

Top Bottom