• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Hi everyone! Thanks again for joining me on this fun little journey of New Year's New Guitar Days! This is the final NGD before the reveal of my stunning new 2012 PDN guitar!

So, let's get on with NYNGD (New Year's New Guitar Day) Number 6!

Today we have my final Silhouette Classic Reissue, this time in the amazing Sledge finish!

photo_0005_nologo.jpg

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0004.jpg

Now this is a great combination of old and new. Yin and yang. Couple the reissue of an iconic twenty-year-old design with the newest, most "2012" finish in the Music Man paint booth, and you get the Silhouette Classic Reissue in Sledge!

If only I could get the photographs to truly capture this amazing finish -- the headstock photo at right is about as close as I could get it. This guitar is simultaneously silver, gray, pink, green, blue, and orange... Really a wonderful finish that I think looks more at home, ironically, on this very traditional guitar design (EBMM's late 1980's design, which was based loosely on the 1950's Stratocaster design). Yin and yang -- Music Man style!

See you all tomorrow with the PDN NGD!

(P.S. The first photo is the "official" Music Man glamour shot, not mine.)

fbecir

Jeff, you are crazy !
You have truly an amazing collection (and your site is really so nice) ! Congrats

acwild

I love that you're getting these Silos with Floyds as that's how I would like mine. Now I know what they look like in all sorts of variations. The pics do a great job of capturing that finish but I'm sure that you probably think that they're something to be seen in person. Thanks for sharing!

kimonostereo

Amazing set of NGD stuff.

Are the floyds they're using for these the older Gotoh version or is it the newer one like the Axis Tributes?

gregmusi

Amazing set of NGD stuff.

Are the floyds they're using for these the older Gotoh version or is it the newer one like the Axis Tributes?

From the pics, looks like the new ones. I think all EBMM floyd equipped guitars are using them now (Tributes, standard Axis, PDN, etc...)

Does anyone know who is actually making these new bridges?

dibart77

Jeff, you are crazy !
You have truly an amazing collection (and your site is really so nice) ! Congrats

Crazy is a relative term... ;)

Now go and update your signature :D

Yup, my new sig is ready and will change once I launch the last NGD tomorrow!

I love Sledge...can you imagine Sledge with an ebony fretboard?

I think it looks great with a rosewood board (like the Luke 1 Reissue I debuted on NYNGD #2). I agree, not as good with a maple board.

From the pics, looks like the new ones. I think all EBMM floyd equipped guitars are using them now (Tributes, standard Axis, PDN, etc...) Does anyone know who is actually making these new bridges?

They are NOT the old Gotohs. According to Derek they are 100% sold out of the old Gotohs.

However, they are not the same as the Axis Tributes, either! On the Axis Tributes, the MUSIC MAN logo was laser etched (I think that's the term) on top of the chrome finish. On the new one, the MUSIC MAN logo is engraved into the metal (or maybe it's in the mold that's used to make the base plate) before chroming. More like the Gotohs were. Otherwise, it's the same unit as the Tributes. Here we go:

trems.jpg

I would bet that the first batch of trems from the new supplier was before they created the tooling / mold / whatever that was necessary for the engraved logo.

I don't know who the new manufacturer is. I don't see any logo or anything anywhere the trem or the sustain block.

kimonostereo

Thanks for that Jeff. It looked a little different. I still wish they could go back to the Gotoh version though. The fine tuners were better.

Top Bottom