• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Andy G

...until my Luke 1 reissue in pearl red arrives I think. I am excited like a kid at Christmas. I've never played a guitar with a floyd and I love the colours of those original luke models. Should be a great addition to the collection. I will post a photographic 'study' of it when I get it, and some pics with the other Luke's for you delectation. I just had to share that. The pearl blue ones are already in stock.

ZeroFivefour

The waiting is the hardest part.:D

Serious congrats to you for getting one of those killer guitars. You are going to LOVE IT!

Cheers,

Tom

Andy G

Mmm. Maybe not a week. Maybe April if the Andertons page is anything to go by. Anyone know any better? The waiting will be hard.... :( Still... Good things come to those who wait! Now while my order processes, I wonder if funds will stretch to that other Luke I desire....

;)

Last edited:

ZeroFivefour

Not sure when it's going to be available, but I do have a question. Is the reissue, red candy or pearl red? Candy red sounds awesome and I think I would prefer that as the color. Anderton's web page states Red Candy, but the clickable advertisement, (on the same page), states Pearl Red.

Music Man announced Luke 1 Reissue with Original Spec and Lukather signed COA

http://www.andertons.co.uk/@@STORETEMPLATE/images/articles/1485_1.jpg

Either way it's going to be an awesome axe!

Cheers,

Tom
1485_1.jpg

xl__911lc2000.jpg

Andy G

As the sun sets for the day...

Well the waiting is finally over. First of, thanks to Promenade Music who have been completely brilliant throughout this purchase. So as the sun sets over the bay and mountains here, I can give you guys the first few pictures of the Pearl/ Candy Red Luke 1 Reissue.
A856913D_zps00e4cb41.jpg

F5928CB8_zps7e26695a.jpg

3D986C1F_zps48a0374c.jpg

A2CB7E37_zpsab2cc0f6.jpg

631BF749_zps945d0507.jpg

7154D6E8_zpse8539f3c.jpg

7464F178_zps41c63aa9.jpg

BC18FDA9_zpse677f949.jpg

5700E280_zps543306bf.jpg

DFD749AC_zpsb1319411.jpg

5B87EFD3_zpsaf13418b.jpg

More to come...

Cheers Andy
:D

ZeroFivefour

Andy,

Sweet!!!

That is stunningly beautifully gorgeous!!!

That red color is smoking hot!

The birdseye on the neck is amazing.

Nice!!!

Cheers,

Tom

fbecir

Very nice guitar. Congratulations.
Nice pictures. By the way, you were lucky with the weather ... it's not raining, it is pretty rare in UK !

Last edited:

Andy G

Thanks Tom! The neck does feel to be a different profile to my L2s. Flatter towards the top end. The birdseye in the neck is lovely so i am lucky in this respect. The Floyd is great, as i said a new experience for me. The red is darker than i had anticipated but very rich. Since it is sunset here i have not really viewed the colour in good light, but i am pleased by its depth of shine. The pickups have the newer emg writing, and of course the locking nut does not have bolts through the back of the neck like the original mk1. It is a musicman floyd trem and operates flawlessly. Set up is excellent. The neck plate is not recessed; i know some people were wondering about this. Thankyou Sterling and the ladies and gents at Musicman for yet another jaw dropping instrument. Put more pics up in better light tomorrow.

Tom - cheers for your comments and support
Warm regards
Andy

ZeroFivefour

Thanks Tom! The neck does feel to be a different profile to my L2s. Flatter towards the top end. The birdseye in the neck is lovely so i am lucky in this respect. The Floyd is great, as i said a new experience for me. The red is darker than i had anticipated but very rich. Since it is sunset here i have not really viewed the colour in good light, but i am pleased by its depth of shine. The pickups have the newer emg writing, and of course the locking nut does not have bolts through the back of the neck like the original mk1. It is a musicman floyd trem and operates flawlessly. Set up is excellent. The neck plate is not recessed; i know some people were wondering about this. Thankyou Sterling and the ladies and gents at Musicman for yet another jaw dropping instrument. Put more pics up in better light tomorrow.

Tom - cheers for your comments and support
Warm regards
Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the information regarding the luke 1 and luke 2 necks. I have been wondering about this. I have only had the opportunity to try one luke 2 and it was prior to getting my luke 1 reissue.

I love the color of your guitar. I am leaning towards it being pearl red rather than candy red. Is that your assessment as well?

The new floyd that is on the luke 1 reissue is my favorite floyd of all time. I prefer it to the floyd on my original luke 1 and the floyd on my 2004 axis. Perhaps I am partial to it because it is on my favorite guitar, but I find that it really is smooth, ultra responsive and stays in tune brilliantly.

I was wondering if you received a certificate of authenticity that was signed by Steve Lukather? It states in the Andertons advertisement that this would come with the guitar. I did not receive one with my sledge luke 1, but mine was not obtained through Andertons.

Thanks,

Tom

ErnieJohn

that is a fantastic guitar, congrats, the colour looks incredible, even your shirt matches!

Andy G

that is a fantastic guitar, congrats, the colour looks incredible, even your shirt matches!

Cheers for that mate! Ha ha the shirt was by chance. The colour is growing on me by the hour. Just different to what i have.

Warm regards
Andy

Top Bottom