• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Big Poppa

Ok I am doing this because I truly hope that most of you enjoy these. After last week it really doesnt make it fun My family, company and Jp were really treated poorly. On to positive things like this guitar.

Contrary to the rude and banned norwegian this is a guitar that John and I developed together...the changes were motivated by Jp and I to evolve not rip you guys off....

here is drews texts and jps response first

"John, you'll see these tomorrow:Both with new radius, rosewood, inlay, pickups, boost, and all push push pots!

JP's response

Wow!! Awesome Drew. U guys are unbelievable. Really looking forward to getting these!

IMG_1862_zps578d4a91.jpg

IMG_1863_zps76af6075.jpg

jzeijen

Looks killer, like a real player! Boost function should be a very nice addition.

Thanks BP for that sneak preview!

threeminutesboy

well done BP, keep the good stuff !!! and forget the haters. BTW, Luke wrote a song about them, looks like internet doesn't show any respect to legend like you and Luke, and this sad

Thanks for keeping the faith

Tollywood

Wow - I love the silver finish! The boost function seems very useful.

Thank you very much for sharing with us, BP. Most of the peeps here really appreaciate the interaction with the company brass, and certainly the behind the scene info you share with us. Don't let the nay-sayers get you down.

- Bryan

PY38

First off, THANK YOU BIG POPPA!!!:)

I cant wait to hear about the new pickups as well. I actually love the new 12th fret inlay...I know its the same as the standard but it just fits on this guitar. Im officially saving now for the 13.....Thank you again EBMM!

PY38

Before I chose my JPXI-7 I almost bought the standard 7 in silver...It was a very tough choice but I wanted ebony. Now I want RW and Silver...lol.

Again, great job guys. This is a very nice edition to the line!!!!!!

drewbixcubed

These are REALLY fun and comfortable to play....especially with the Boost!!! It's always a positive thing to work with such great people, and to have the opportunity to share what we created with everyone!!!!

PY38

Drew,

Great job. Not only on my daily player (JPXI-7) but on this as well. I know there are a few DB's that get on and completly botch the delivery of their feelings towards EBMM's creations and tools but there are more that appreciate them.

I have been looking for another 7 but with different specs to my XI and this is PERFECT. Basswood, RW board, different radius, new pickups (I think, right?) Boost function.....and this color is my fav......

Anything else you can tell or reveal to us before it hits namm officially.......

beej

Very very cool. I'd love to get my hands on one for a bit- esp looking forward to trying out the preamp on this and the LIII.

Tubes4Tone

These NEW JPs look absolutely stunning & I'm certain they will sound amazing !!

2 Thumbs up !!

Hind

Awesome couple - that kind of relation to the fanbase is exactly what makes EBMM better than the rest. Thanks Big Poppa!

Will John be using the guitars for the new album? I heard that DT are currently in the studio.

A.J.

Drew is right, the JP13 is a lot of fun! Its like a turbo-charged guitar.

Lou

The boost seems like a great idea. Looking forward to checking one out.

peterd79

I've always enjoyed seeing the JP's thaat come out... They're definately some of the most incredible tops i've seen on any guitar of any maker. The burts are incredible and mind blowing...
That being said...

This silver note is absolutely stunning... it's classy all they way to the bank... (nod to the silver note) and then you throw in all the advancements and tweaks...

GOOD LAWD!!! This is incredible!

Standing Ovation for EBMM and JP!

yellowv03

I think the 13 looks great. I would love to add one to the stable. BP what are the pickup changes? They look like CL/LF. Are they tweaked to work well with the boost? Also it says in the text "all push/push pots. That sounds interesting. We know one is the boost, but there are two more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom