• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
First impression is WOW!

The Reflex alone is an amazing instrument. Comfortable to play and the pickups are fabulous. I can see why Brad Whitford fell in love with it. All of the stock sounds are excellent and perfectly suited to anything from heavy rock to country to soul, funk, or pop to blues or jazz. It's all there. A VERY impressive guitar!

I can see how the Game Changer is a little overwhelming a first. I've read and seen enough that I was instantly comfortable with the interface but when presented with all that choice, it really is the classic "blank page" feeling - where do I start? But once you start it's so easy to try things out.

We are used to thinking of humbuckers being fat, single coils being bright, in between positions quack. With the Game Changer the Reflex goes from a thick roar to an thin squeek and everything in between. And all of the cluck, quack, squawk, or skwank you every wanted from a guitar is available in an endless variations. I'm now thinking of the basic humbucker and single coil sounds as primary colours, all the other combinations are like mixing paints on a palette. But there are now so many variations and sounds and characters it's like you only ever saw sections of a rainbow before and now you see shades and colours that you never knew existed. And Jay Graydon's comment about the tone control being more useful now than ever - absolutely correct!

A very impressive system on a very impressive guitar. I loved it!

Many thanks to Gerard at California Music on Rue de Douai for his patience and accueil!

mtrejo

But can it squirk? Lol
That's great Kev. Good to hear about the versatility of the guitar, I'm sure you will put it to good use and it'll give you plenty of noodling time finding those cool settings.

If we don't hear from ya in a while we will know what you're doing :)

KevinUK

Is the "reflex" name the same Company that manufactured a very early system of active PUPS as fitted to my hand built Patrick Eggle, Big Jim Sullivan Legend guitar does anyone know ?

Top Bottom