• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Norrin Radd

If you are like me, you have probably had a few EBMMs come and go throughout your lifetime. Wich of those that are now gone do you regret giving up or miss the most? I'll start. I had a wonderful JP a while ago. I foolishly sold it is fit of "needing" money for other gear (yeah - with time and wisdom I realized - that's not really a "need" - D'oh!).

In any event, I really miss that guitar. I've never played one with a better trem system. EVER. And the neck wa absolutely perfect!

SO, lets hear about the one that you miss most and why. Oh yeah - pics are always appreciated. :). Here's mine (I hope she found a good home!):

jp2.jpg

luv

Honeyburst ASS. It was my 2nd EBMM and I should have never let it go (lesson learned). My hard drive crashed a few years ago and I lost my pics of it (another lesson learned). It just had "it".

A close 2nd for me was an old white Silo Special that I sold here on the forum. It was one the most comfortable guitars I've ever played.

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

Guitars come and go pretty easily in my life, but I miss these two for sure.

joe web

well, i miss them all, but the EBMM i miss most is not the BFR JP, not the red EVH, not the JP7, not the rosewood ASS, not the LE06 JP...it is the 2007LE JP6.
blue dawn is just a killer color. the guitar felt superb and it was like new as i sold it....yes i regret it.

family3.jpg

2007LE2.jpg

Metropolis777

I miss the only other EBMM I've ever owned like crazy. It was a 1998 Amber Axis with a rosewood board. Never seen another one like it until very recently. Unfortunately, it sits in guitar heaven as UPS destroyed it in shipping when I sold it. Fortunately, the buyer had already paid me and was able to recover his money thanks to insurance.

I foolishly sold it to buy a PRS McCarty. Thanks to that incident, I will never sell another special guitar that I acquire again. I will only add to the collection now.

dave1812

I miss my JP6 Pearl Redburst without Piezo. I don't know the build year, since i got it used, but it was Pre D-Sonic.
I thought a PRS Custom 24 would be better, but... nothing beats a JP IMHO.
Sadly there are no pics, since my old PC died one me 2 years ago.

Luc

I miss my good old SUB...amazing guitar for the money, and when photographed properly, it looks nice:

P6301112a.jpg
[/URL]

But I don't like to sell off gear, and with limited money I think really good what I'd like to use before I buy stuff..therefore it's the only Ball I sold.

ohdamnitsdevin

well, i miss them all, but the EBMM i miss most is not the BFR JP, not the red EVH, not the JP7, not the rosewood ASS, not the LE06 JP...it is the 2007LE JP6.
blue dawn is just a killer color. the guitar felt superb and it was like new as i sold it....yes i regret it.

family3.jpg

2007LE2.jpg

thats quite the collection if I ever saw one!

aleclee

I haven't sold any of my EBMMs...yet. I'll probably let one of my Rosewood ASSs go at some point, though.

Even so, I don't particularly miss any gear I've sold. The closest would probably be the Two Rock that I gave up to fund an AxeFx.

Warg Master

If you are like me, you have probably had a few EBMMs come and go throughout your lifetime. Wich of those that are now gone do you regret giving up or miss the most? I'll start. I had a wonderful JP a while ago. I foolishly sold it is fit of "needing" money for other gear (yeah - with time and wisdom I realized - that's not really a "need" - D'oh!).

In any event, I really miss that guitar. I've never played one with a better trem system. EVER. And the neck wa absolutely perfect!

SO, lets hear about the one that you miss most and why. Oh yeah - pics are always appreciated. :). Here's mine (I hope she found a good home!):

jp2.jpg

I missed out when I saw that on ebay a few years back.... so I miss that one as well... :D

I missed my MD JP6... Rectified that by getting a new one :D

unclerico

family3.jpg

Dat OLP!

straycat113

Norrin I never even knew you sold that JP. I can certainley understand your regret as that had such a unique finish and I always found it unique.

Lesthanone- I know you are still kicking yourself-but you can't say I didn't warn you! I honestly feel your pain lol. Seriously though at least you know where it is and I hope one day you can get it back.

Personally I have never sold any of my EBMM guitars so I have no regrets at the present. In fact in all the years of playing there have been only two guitars I wish I never offed, but you can't dwell on what has been done.

My first...an axis SS. BUT I just had to buy a Jeep Wrangler to pick up chicks in...guess it worked though. I took my wife out on our first date in the Jeep 11 years ago.

B2D

I've only got one EBMM right now... my old Silo Special that's been modded up and I love it dearly. I've had a Benji, an Axis, an ASS, another Silo Special and one Silo with a Floyd on it. I don't really miss any of them to be honest.

I miss the ones that I didn't buy but should have. The first one was the first EBMM I ever encountered... a Silo Special in Sparkle Silver with a matching headstock and a rosewood board on it. It was used for $700 I played it and it really stuck with me. I went back to the store to put it on layaway and it was gone. I also regret not buying a S.U.B in white when I had the chance, because S.U.Bs are hard to find and finding a white one is damn near impossible.

Sweat

I only miss one and I have pics somewhere on an external storage device but the DD I Luke with peizo I bought from Pete D.

Man what a guitar and what an idiot I was to sell it.

browndog

I lusted after this Reflex for about a year and then after I got it, I was afraid to play it.
Combine a little OCD with the fact that there was only a couple made in Purple, made this rare axe.

Friends told me not to sell it and I wish I listened to them.

Top Bottom