• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tunaman4u2

I've decided to make a Keeper club... sort of a pact to prevent us from moments of insanity & prevent sellers remorse!

Rules:
1) You must post pictures of ONLY your keepers for life with the full intention of doing as such!
2) IF another tempting EBMM comes up... you cannot sell your keeper for it. Buy that outright too :D
3) Post your story WHY its a keeper for life

Exceptions:
1) You moved number of strings for your band (I've been there)
2) Stuff happens in life, bills, illness etc. Expect ridicule if you post your keeper for sale otherwise! ha ha

So feel free to come up with any rules\exceptions but yall get the jist ! Its all for fun :)

Heres mine & my story... you wont see them for sale.

The PDN 2012 Honeyburst Sterling with the Mahogany body. AWESOME warmth for a Sterling but still retains the cut through the mix. Simply awesome for ANY band situation & tone. The pickup switch, The pickup switch, the pickup switch

The Bongo 5 HH. Just feels like butter. Compliments on tone & looks EVERY gig. It just wows people & feels perfect in my hands. 4 band EQ is perfect to tame your tone without pulling out too many frequencies when you're in a lousy room. If you're going pre-EQ out your amp to the board, all you have is your bass EQ, its awesome

ry%3D480

KevinM

Exceptions:
1) You moved number of strings for your band (I've been there)
2) Stuff happens in life, bills, illness etc. Expect ridicule if you post your keeper for sale otherwise! ha ha

OR,

Somebody offers to trade their PDN Bongo 5HHp for your Sterling 5HH. :p

Golem

`

Click thumbnail ... then click the result. Then
just keep on clicking as it gets more biggerer.

full small.jpg

This is not my fanciest nor most versatile, nor
was it my first MM .... but, since she was built
on my birthday, I'm stuck with her for life :)

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
I spoze itz for the best that thizziz a SUB, cuz
itz not worth a whole big pile, so selling her is
not gonna finance some fantazmik lust ax nor
make me rich ... wouldn't even pay the rent !
Like they say, "cheaper to keep her" ... kinda
sorta something like that.

Last edited:

Aragorn35016

Ive almost been retarded, and sold this, for no other good reason than the thrill of buying something else, but Im trying to stop doing that, 10 years straight of buying and trading (and like 9 MM basses later) Im getting pretty tired of doing it, plus my seven year old is starting to pull my attention away from drooling at pics of basses online with sharing in his own hobbies and interests. This Sterling HH in my mind is the best of all the MM's Ive owned. It can cover alot of tonal ground, and I LOVE the neck humbucker!

Rod Trussbroken

1979-19705.jpg

All my Rays are keepers. But this one is going nowhere fast. Bought new 1979, played professionally for a few months, stored for about 20 years and never left my study since. It gets used but only at home.

oddjob

See avatar - Kermit (unless someone gets stupid with cash) and my Dargie (would trade for a different config Dargie Bongo 4) - don't see them going anywhere

JDTDCO

Some seriously gorgeous basses in this thread! These three are pretty much keepers for me at this point. I'm madly in love with each of em.

IMG_3247.jpg

syciprider

Many have come and gone. These two stay.

First run DD Bongo 4HP (yes, the only one made). It's staying because it has an interesting story involving VBTC.

dargieview1024_zpsfdaa537a.jpg

07 LE Blue Dawn SR 4HP. Reasonably light, sounds and plays good.

bluedawnrayviewtoo1024_zpsf90d0ed7.jpg

tunaman4u2

Excellent job guys! Really proud of yall taking the keeper for life club oath! Dont sell & have regrets!

liverbird

My first EBMM, a 1992 Stingray, bought from new. Like many basses from those years, it has a wonderful neck and sounds great. Plus too many gigs/memories to part with it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom