• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

So the wife gave the blessing to go ahead and get a guitar. I had originally found a left over JP 6 BFR Roasted Neck that I was going to get but just found out it sold a few weeks back. Choice #2, The Game Changer! It should ship tomorrow and I should have it early next week. I got the HSH with piezo and trmolo option with a rosewood fretboard. I freaking cannot wait. Here is a picture of the exact guitar from the MM page.

099C5E1F-50AF-41C8-B883-89EAED82D700_zpswmyaqbwp.jpg

JayDawg

I played one a few months back and fell in love. I would have loved to have stayed and played it longer but the wife was giving me her impatient look. She gave the blessing on this one amazingly but I had sold off some more gear to afford it so that is probably why but when it does get here, it will be played quite a bit.

JayDawg

Congrats, Jay.

Does the Reflex have a neck most similar to a Morse?

When I played the Game Changer at a Music Man store in Denver a few months back, I also played a BFR Roasted Neck JP6. Compared to it, the Game Changer had a much fatter neck. The JP6's neck was very thin. Last year I bought my youngest son a Sterling by Music Man Sub Silo3. With it, the neck felt similar to it but I don't recall how much different it is? I will find out tomorrow though. I do remember from playing the Game Changer a few months back that it was still very comfortable to play with the thicker neck and from what I remember it didn't feel all that super thick to me. It felt nice and playable but the circumference of the JP 6 neck was different.

JayDawg

Yes this will be. There are so many of them that I love though but with all of the infinite tonal options of the Game Changer, this had to be the first one. I was also looking at a BFR Roasted Neck JP6 that was used and in the same price range but it just sold. Had it still been available, I would have gotten it because I love the roasted necks but ever since the Game Changer was released, I have also wanted one of those too. I can't wait to get this in the studio too. I have some good friends that are full time recording artists and next time I meet up with them, I am going to look forward to seeing the giddy looks on their face when I let them try this thing out.

JayDawg

So you've had almost a week with it. What are your favorite presets?

You know that is a good question. I got the guitar Friday night and started playing around with it almost all day Saturday. I have not had the chance to experiment with any of the online settings yet but will be soon. So as far as the stock settings go, there are a few that I like. Really though, I am still learning this guitar but at the same time I am also learning how to play again myself. I am also teaching my youngest son how to play too so I haven't done a lot of tonal experimentation yet but do plan on doing so hopefully sometime soon.

Top Bottom