• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

So alright, alright, alright! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here we go with the final installment of this year's NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day! This one is pretty special: A Luke III in "Classic Translucent White" (a/k/a Mary Kay) with a mahogany body, roasted maple neck, rosewood fretboard, and gold hardware!

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0004.jpg

photo_0005.jpg

photo_0006.jpg

This guitar was created for the Philadelphia Guitar Show in November 2013. In a very special 'Classic Translucent White' finish, which is reminiscent of classic 'Mary Kay' finishes, this Luke III was presented alongside a twin in the same finish. However, the other Luke III had the standard alder body, while this one is mahogany. Top that off with an amazing roasted maple neck, rosewood fretboard, and gold hardware, and we have a very special guitar, indeed!

This guitar is just outstanding! The tone is unique yet familiar, the feel is new yet old hat, and the look is 100% class. Play the neck pickup on your clean channel, and then hit the guitar's gain boost and see how amazing your amp reacts. Just stunning!

I had never played a Luke III before, much less planned to buy one, but this one just blew my mind at the Philly show and suddenly my American Express was being swiped!

---

And that does it for this year's NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day run. I had fun doing it again this year, and hope you all enjoyed it too! My Guitar Gallery is now up to date (except for my Breedlove MasterClass C12 Custom acoustic, which I will add in the next day or so).

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2014!

---

P.S. I received a couple PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up last year during my NYNGD posts and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!

guitarp77

Wow, you really saved the best for last!

This is amazing, love the luke in this,config (and didnt't know it existed until now!)

Congrats Jeff, amazing collection and always great to read and see your NGD!

Stratty316

That's just a beautiful guitar! Wish I could travel to those shows and see all these rare birds... Then again my wife and wallet are glad I can't...

Tollywood

Wow, you really saved the best for last!

This is amazing, love the luke in this,config (and didnt't know it existed until now!)

Congrats Jeff, amazing collection and always great to read and see your NGD!

I agree, you saved the best for last, Jeff. That Luke is very unusual. I love it!

Fastfingers83

Good Lord thats alot of guitars ya got there,How do you choose which one your going to play for the day?

JasonT

So that's what I missed by not attending the Philly Guitar Show. Lucky for you I didn't get there because LIII + mahogany = sold for me!

Seriously, cool guitar and nice score!

Sweat

That is freakin awesome, congrats Jeff love that finish on anything and looks great with the roasted neck and gold hardware.

That's my vote for the next limited edition/PDN/ Special Run etc. would make me buy something.

wolfbone07

Wow! There should be a version (chrome hardware maybe?) of that available as a regular color. That's stunning.

Top Bottom