• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Edgarallan

Hi guys, I haven't given myself a birthday present yet (Jan 24) so I go to Pete's website and he has a USED Olive Gold HH Luke 3 for $1,150.00. Now, Brian has tempted us with the new SBMM LK100D, which I figure would run about $700ish? What would you do? I already asked Jesus and he told me to ask you guys. LOL.:cool:

LilSteve

No brainer...my choice would be OG as its not available now.

jzeijen

If the $1,150 isn't a problem, go with the LIII. Where else can you get a guitar with full rosewood neck at that price..

Stratty316

The Luke 3 is a no brainer here unless money is the issue. The SBMM guitars are fantastic, but for 300 more (in this case) the MM is the better deal.

SBMM

I have to concur here! While our new LK100D is a bad-ass axe, getting the real deal for a couple hundred bucks more...

Also, we more than likely will not be doing the Olive Gold finish.

The MAP on the LK100D is $869

Funny I see this thread right now as I'm in the exact same boat, deciding between a Sterling or used MM Luke. Even looked at that same Olive Gold guitar and just not sure that finish is for me. If it was I would've snatched it up already, my suggestion would be to buy it before I change my mind. :)

I've missed a few ebay deals waiting to see what Sterling was going to bring to the table, but I don't think it's to tough to find Lukes for slightly more than that. Usually a hard case included. we'll see how well my patience holds up!

Edgarallan

The Olive Gold Luke 3 is a great guitar!

Pete I emailed to [email protected] but I didn't get a response. Is it still available? this wa email:

Hi my name is Edgar and I’m really interested in the Luke 3 you have for $1,150. First:

1. How are the frets?

2. Is the neck straight?

3. Is it set up to original Luke specs?

4. How much is shipping to 32714?

I don't see it on your website anymore????

Rock on!

Last edited:

look_at_her

Don't wanna speak for Pete but IMO someone just got the killer deal on it - used to have exactly the same L3, believe me, one of greatest axes I've ever played.Period. $1150??? Awesome price.

PeteDuBaldo

Pete I emailed to [email protected] but I didn't get a response. Is it still available? this wa email:

Edgar, I just checked our email server and didn't see anything from you. The LUKE sold yesterday right around the time you started the thread. When I saw your topic this morning I thought you and I had been trading emails over the past 4 days and that you were the one who bought the guitar. Oops! :eek: I'll be happy to help you out on a Luke 100D.

You can email me directly, link in my signature below.

Johnny Alien

Search Guitar Center used and they have a few Luke III's around the country right now. Here is one that is the same price..

In Store USED MUSIC MAN LUKE III GREEN W CASE | GuitarCenter

There is a green HH model as well at another store for a bit more but you can usually make an offer and if it's reasonable they will accept. You should be able to find another one for the same cost pretty easily and GC has a 30 day return. If it's not a good one just return it to your local GC for a full refund. Pretty risk free.

fogman

OG LIII!!!

Though the SBMM line is terrific; why buy something that's trying to be the something that you can actually get?

Top Bottom