• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dwells

hey guys
im not sure but it seems like finally the Reflex is getting some love around the wolrd, i see alot more people on the forum ordering them and ive seen them pop up on alot of different sites, i hope im right saying that its slowly getting some Love.
i love my Reflex's they are the most comfortable guitars i have ever played and suit my style perfect.
anyway just thought this guitar needs more attention and im glad to see it happening, also i played the new blue burst reflex at namm and it looks amazing.!!
heres my Custom Reflex.

lock-ny

That's a badass guitar Dean, do you prefer maple boards or rosewood/ebony?

luv

Luv my Reflex.

That blue one looks sweet, and I don't do blue guitars. Your green one is tasty as well.

dwells

hey lock-ny, well this neck on my custom is Ebony with SS frets with a roasted birdseye maple back, its the best neck ive ever played, but i just received a roasted maple birdseye for roasted neck for my whitey reflex and that is just as good...
both play extremely well, so i couldnt decide what i like more:).. best necks in the world ebmm

DevRock

Are these necks identical to the Axis? That green sparkle looks killer.

luv

^ No. Axis necks are asymmetrical and chunkier (thicker). Reflex necks are more similar to a Silo neck (IIRC), if you've had one of those in your hand. They are symmetrical and a bit thinner.

edhalen

The Reflex neck feels more like a standard C-shaped neck - which suits me perfectly. I think they're a bit larger in radius than the Silo neck as well - 12" to 10". Nice to know that I have the same Whitey Reflex as Dean!! Now, if I could just play with the same mind-blowing technique as Dean I'd be all set.... :)

Last edited:

dwells

yah haha, the reflex neck is super comfortable, it does feel lie a silo but a little different, my custom neck is a little thinner than regular and feels insane to play, the ebony ss frets on roasted birdseye neck is by far the best combination for a neck in the history of guitar necks:)

ozzyrules

My 25th feels a lot closer to my silo than my Axis. They're all super comfortable. Why is it that every time a Reflex/25th thread shows up, I feel like I have to go play mine? That green sparkle is incredible, Dean.

Azzman460

That combination of roasted maple neck and SS Frets is killer. I love it on my JP6 PDN. But after having a play of Deans Reflex with the Ebony fretboard as well, it is just so so damm amazing! The Ebony takes it a step above! Dean do you notice the difference between the Ebony fretboard on your custom and what looks to be Maple fretboard on the white reflex?

Dr. Rock

Yeah, I really love my Reflex Game Changer. Looks great, plays great, and can confidently say everybody should get one! I was at GC the other day and saw a lonely gold Reflex hanging way up near the ceiling, next to a couple of other MMs. I hope its not true, but they probably hadn't been played in a while. The teenagers were cycling through the familiar thrash riffs on the usual imports, while the old timers cranked blues runs on STs or LPs. Its a shame most of them will never try a MM. The Reflex really is worth every penny!

DevRock

You guys are making me add yet another guitar to my unaffordable GAS list....

edhalen

Hey Dev - keep watching the GC used list. There are deals to be had there. You can't go wrong with the 30-day no questions asked return policy.

Top Bottom