• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

deekayman

Hi

Could someone please send me an email with Y2D pickups wiring or maybe a
link to a web site?

I've checked Dimarzio wirings but they've got it only for the original Steve Morse guitar
and none for the Y2D.

I'm currently modding my SUB1 with new pickguard and two Steve Morse Humbuckers in the neck and bridge, plus HS3 next to the bridge pup.
I've been thinking on using two push pull pots so I could also split the coils on the buckers.
Should I use 500k or 250k pots in the SUB1?

My email:
[email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Gio_Force_One

Hey beej would you mind sending that to me also.
Thanks . I take my morse about so many times it might be a good idea to have the diagrams.

deekayman

Thanks a lot Beej, DrKev on your quick response and Diagram.
Appreciated very much.

Another related question that I have for you is :

Morse bridge bucker that I'm planning to install is standard spacing while SUB1 guitar has got F-style spacing
on the bridge/saddles.

I know that Steve have used those standard spacing bucker coz of the Gibson bridge
but I'm pretty sure that I've seen photos with him holding one of his guitars with Floyd bridge, and it clearly showed that strings are running outside the magnet poles of the bridge bucker!!

It must have been one of the earlier guitars coz later on I found photos where he must have used a F-spacing bridge bucker on his Floyd equipped guitars.

Have you ever tried to use standard spacing bucker with wider spaced saddles and have
you noticed any problems or loss of signal?

Any other reasons why not use the standard spacing pup in the same situation as mine ...or you think
that it's not a problem at all.

Thank you

LawDaddy

Hey there Beej, would you mind sending a schematic my way, my switch is about due for a replacement, thanks in advance!

kestrou

beej - you're a nice guy and all to do this (at least that's what I've heard :) ) - but you sure get bugged a lot.

Why can't this be posted somewhere for people to download at their leisure? Would be great to have on the EBMM website!

Kevin

blake100blake

Hi there! Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm also looking for the diagram for the Y2D wiring. I bought a Darklord last month that sat as a floor model in a Guitar Center for a year and a half, and scored great on it. The only problem was that the 5-way switch was loosened by over a year of people constantly banging on it...my email is [email protected] if someone could please send that my way it would be greatly appreciated!

kestrou

Hi there! Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm also looking for the diagram for the Y2D wiring. I bought a Darklord last month that sat as a floor model in a Guitar Center for a year and a half, and scored great on it. The only problem was that the 5-way switch was loosened by over a year of people constantly banging on it...my email is [email protected] if someone could please send that my way it would be greatly appreciated!

Blake - you've got mail! :)

Kevin

Top Bottom