• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

St. Georg

Hello everyone! I have a question about the difference between the HH and HSH pickups in the game-changer. I know it is a topic that has been talked about in the forum but the information in the previous threads was not exactly what I was looking for. So far I have found out that the HH model has the same pickups as the Axis, which are alnico and that the HSH model has ceramic pickups. However I would like to know exactly what difference in sound there is between the two. I was wondering if there is any charts or other sort of comparison between the sound of the different pickups. Sort of like the charts on the DiMarzio website that give you the output values and frequency response of each pickup, making it easier to decide between the different models. Cheers!

EBMM4Life

I have had both and now have the HSHP tremolo maple neck. The HH model was similar to the EVH models, at least that what I feel after playing them all. I absolutely love the HSHP version. I think they must have had them custom made for this guitar. They are like nothing I have heard before and work together incredibly. They can play any style of music. With being able to series, Parallel, Phase reverse, blending Piezo you can get any sonic diversity you could ever want with the flip of a switch. I do not know of any chart for these pickups, but for me the HSHP tremolo is the clear winner !

BUC

Ditto. I have a 25th Anniversary and a HSH/P Gamechanger. I think the 25th pickups are the same as the Axis. The guitars are surprisingly different. The pickups on the 25th Anniversary are bolder with a strong high end attack and a strong low end. The HSH GC are less output and a little more mid rangy and not near as bold on the attack.

I find them kind of similar on the neck humbucker and bridge humbucker but very different on the other settings. The HSH GC pickups are awesome on single coil traditional Stratish settings. Kind of like a higher output SSS strat.

The GC has become my main axe. I've gone through several different pickup configurations and I don't think I'm done tweaking it yet but it's a great guitar...and I have a lot of guitars.

stu42

I wrote to DiMarzio customer support to ask them if they had any more info about the pickups in the HSH model and they wrote back with this info:

"We do not release our usual treble, middle & bass specs with OEM pickups like the Gamechanger models. The bridge pickup is fairly similar to the Dominion bridge model, and the neck pickup is fairly similar to the Gravity Storm neck model. The single-coil is not very similar to any of our standard single-coils."

Wahoonc

I wrote to DiMarzio customer support to ask them if they had any more info about the pickups in the HSH model and they wrote back with this info:

"We do not release our usual treble, middle & bass specs with OEM pickups like the Gamechanger models. The bridge pickup is fairly similar to the Dominion bridge model, and the neck pickup is fairly similar to the Gravity Storm neck model. The single-coil is not very similar to any of our standard single-coils."

Interesting. Thanks.

St. Georg

Thanks a lot for the info guys it's really helpful! Sorry for the late reply, I had actually forgotten about writing this post :D

Top Bottom