• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

themass

what would you order?
I'd go for: Y2D with JP6 trem, & a majesty with no inlays and no carbon shovel inlay

Siddius

Interesting question for the fun of it, but I still think that this makes very little sense. For me, all of their current options are great, with the exception of maybe adding fret materials/shapes, neck wood options, and figured tops options. I have the feeling that in a few years they will completely crossover to roasted maple and all-rosewood necks.

All I really want is an all-white silhouette with a roasted maple neck. Certainly wouldn't need a custom shop, just the neck wood option.

(Not trying do be Donnie-Downer)

threeminutesboy

what would you order?
I'd go for: Y2D with JP6 trem, & a majesty with no inlays and no carbon shovel inlay

why do you need a custom shop when the regular run is already top notch? :)

each guitar is perfect as it is and when Joe Bonamassa customize a Y2D it's very close to the original or recently John Mayer asking for an EVH

Keep in mind you still have the limited run that can feed your appetite for new guitars

t_rod

Black majesty and replace the carbon fiber inlay with Ruby Redburst Quilt maple bookmatched to look like flames firing out the back of the guitar.

themass

Interesting question for the fun of it, but I still think that this makes very little sense. For me, all of their current options are great, with the exception of maybe adding fret materials/shapes, neck wood options, and figured tops options. I have the feeling that in a few years they will completely crossover to roasted maple and all-rosewood necks.

All I really want is an all-white silhouette with a roasted maple neck. Certainly wouldn't need a custom shop, just the neck wood option.

(Not trying do be Donnie-Downer)

well yeah, the options they have are fine if you happen to like the options.
but you're right, a lot of what I'd personally be interested in is relatively minor. neck and tremolo issues, etc...Y2D's are my favorite (the neck and body), but I use regular tremolos a lot (but not Floyd's)

vicsnake

My options would be:
1) JP6 BFR Tobacco Burst with Ebony Fretboard
2) Majesty: Glacial Frost without the black shield.
3) JPX: No chambering and 3-way switch
4) JP13: Ebony fretboard

lifeson1

BFR Petrucci with an unfinished neck and ebony board

JPXI with an unfinished neck in candy tangerine or candy lime (Dargie) green with a reversed headstock

mystixboi1

Y2d with jp6 trem. Full rosewood neck with stainless steel frets.

I'd also get it loaded with transitions and a piezo pickup.

And it would be in purple sparkle or purple sunset.

Exodus5

Mahogany set neck JP with ebony fretboard, flamed maple top and Floyd rose trem.

Razzle

I would get a Majesty with a BFR maple top flame in transparent Pluto Purple.

Top Bottom