• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kestrou

Very interesting guitar - I don't recall seeing many standard Morses with BFR badge.

And that guy knows how to post pics, huh? :)

I would be tempted but just bought TWO Y2Ds (because of Joe's bad influence, might I add!) - so I better take a breather for a couple weeks...

Kevin

soupcon

Very interesting guitar - I don't recall seeing many standard Morses with BFR badge.

And that guy knows how to post pics, huh? :)

I would be tempted but just bought TWO Y2Ds (because of Joe's bad influence, might I add!) - so I better take a breather for a couple weeks...

Kevin

i have you beat. I bought 4 morses recently!! so it's true gold, right?

mtrejo

Definitely looks like True Gold. Here's my AL in True Gold for a visual comparison:

albert-lee-roasted-true-gold-piezo-mm90s-hardtail-killer-16965.jpg

albert-lee-roasted-true-gold-piezo-mm90s-hardtail-killer-16969.jpg

mtrejo

Is that al have a finished neck? It looks pretty shiny.

Yes Eric, the original run of roasted necks were finished. IIRC BP, maybe someone else from EBMM mentioned in a video tHAt that finish on the roasted necks really brought out the qualities ery nicely. I agree. While I do prefer the unfinished roasted necks now, any of the MM Guitars I own that are finished feel good to me. A little different from my AM Deluxe Strat which does have a more tacky feel but not bad. I think we are all just spoiled by how well MM oil/wax necks feel. I have actually heard one complaint from a good friend about the oil/wax finish NOT feeling good in a humid environment, which makes sense to me, so two sides to that coin.

Oh and by the way, that beautiful AL plays and sounds like a BEAST!:cool:

kestrou

Awwww... Crap - it's en route! :)

I looked... I looked again and saw it also had a rosewood neck... Then mtrejo posted the pics of his AL showing the True Gold in better light... And I crumbled.

Soupçon - you're the original poster on this thread and didn't claim dibs - but if I misread and overstepped, then let me know and I'll defer to you. Otherwise, thanks for the alley oop! :)

Darn - three Morses in less than 24 hours... I gotta go lay down for a while...

Kevin

mtrejo

Then mtrejo posted the pics of his AL showing the True Gold in better light... And I crumbled.
Kevin

This AL has brought many-a-man to their knees, lol don't feel bad about that part, however the swooping in part… may need a ref call in this instance.

Hey, if I recall, before the True Gold Luke PDN (first PDN round?) wasn't each endorsed artist given a TrueGold version of their model? Would make sense that they all had a BFR emblem. This one seems to be a BFR model as well. Interesting.

Razzle

Yea, saw that this morning. Thought it was true gold, I had never seen a true gold morse.

Funny, a rash of true golds are out on the bay: morse, silo, luke, petrucci. That luke looks orange actually.

Can y'all tell me, was there variability in the color of the true gold? Could'a swore I saw a post where a guy bought a bongo in TG and sent it back because it was orange but his second one was actually gold.

So are all the true golds the same color?

kestrou

Can y'all tell me, was there variability in the color of the true gold? Could'a swore I saw a post where a guy bought a bongo in TG and sent it back because it was orange but his second one was actually gold.

So are all the true golds the same color?

I've done a fair amount of recent research and they were definitely highly variable in color depending on the lighting - Morse called his "mango" when he and Luke unveiled them together on stage with BP on bass.

Kevin

Top Bottom