• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kestrou

Joe posted an INSPIRING video last weekend - GAS inspiring that is :) - so I went on a little shopping spree.

Picked up a Y2D De-Purple and a Y2D Sunset Purple - because SWMBO liked both colors and couldn't decide which she liked best and she was going to call one of these "hers" (even though she doesn't play) - then ran across a True Gold with solid rosewood neck (props to soupcon for posting that link) and that is a RARE BEAST in Morseland so couldn't pass it up.

And, herewith is the eye candy!

3morses-front.jpg

3morses-back.jpg

I'm more a fan of quilt than flame, and prefer plain headstocks to matching, so here's the Sunset Purple

morse-y2d-sunset-purple-front.jpg

morse-y2d-sunset-purple-top.jpg

The True Gold is pretty clean - and has the BFR badge which I *love*!!!

morse-true-gold-front.jpg

morse-true-gold-top.jpg

De-Purple is discontinued, and I can see why since it's kind of an odd "purple to blue" bursting. This one has great quilt on the top and some striking birdseye in the neck.

morse-y2d-depurple-front.jpg

morse-y2d-depurple-top.jpg

morse-y2d-depurple-birdseye.jpg

So, that's the new babies in my house - now to love them and give them the attention they deserve! :)

Kevin

pentaspan

totally agree on the matching headstocks...not my thing.

All great looking guitars. That sunset purple is one of the best I've seen. I just bought a medallion gold silo spec, so I'm really into the gold, too...however, I've never liked pearloid pickguards.

joe web

awesome kevin!
still can't believe that you bought three guitars within 24hrs....
eveb i'm not a big fan of the standard morse, the true gold withe rosewood neck is great! if you ever want to sell it, let me know.

the purple sunset has a very nice quilt, love it! would fit in my collection as well :)

BUC

Take a week off from work, you're going to need it! I recently added a Y2D to my herd and it's a great sounding guitar.

kestrou

wow, just wow
Steve Morse plays a gold one like yours here:

banjoplayer,

That was the motivation for me getting it.

I've heard that EBMM won't answer "how many guitars like this were made?", but this is the only two I've ever heard of.

Has anybody else ever seen another Morse standard in True Gold with rosewood neck?!

Kevin

mtrejo

Kevin, I haven't seen any other Morse guitars in the True Gold so you definitely have a rare one.
BTW, this was the motivation behind my getting the True Gold Albert Lee. It's such a nice finish and looks so cool on your Morse. Hey, aren't you also obsessed with the BFR badge? Lol, looks like you scored perfectly on this one. Oh, and the other ones are very nice as well.

Eric O'Reilly

Really cool! I never got the standard Morse switching but he makes it sound great! Awesome color and neck, your starting to catch up with Joe!

kestrou

you are right, that's the fact that let me think about getting another Y2D - just to have one more as kevin. ;)
(just joking)

No pressure, Joe - my wife says that both of the new Y2Ds are hers - so I'm only at six myself! :)

Kevin

Top Bottom