• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kestrou

We don't often see the insides of these guitars - but cleaned up 46/50 before sending it "home" to EBMM for a refret and nut replacement and took some pics.

I'm not sure the pickguard had EVER been off - and there was sweat/gunk underneath of it - yuck!

So, check out the attached pics.

Underneath the 6-bolt neck plate is the classic "locating drill hole" that was used by EBMM back in the day.
IMG_4772.JPG

Neck is stamped APR 27 1987, while the body is stamped APR 8 1987
IMG_4773.jpg

Pickups labeled with "blue dot" stickers. And the pickup adjusting screws for the neck pickup are gone, but the springs were stuck to the sides of the pickup via the magnets. :)
IMG_4774.jpg

Switch wiring
IMG_4775.jpg

Control cavity nicely finished
IMG_4776.jpg

Hope this helps somebody in dating/confirming a Morse at some point - or just satisfies general curiosity! :)

Kevin

edhalen

Since we're speaking of ages here I was about 7 months from being old enough to buy alcohol legally!! Man, if I knew then what I know now! :) LOL!

Very cool to see that taken apart Kev! Nice!

EDIT - I agree with the freek - can't wait to see what the techs at EBMM do to that guitar. Too bad they don't do "work in progress" pics of the process!

Last edited:

kestrou

EBMM is supposed to refret the neck, replace the nut, and confirm the electronics on it works (I've never had strings on it) - and then leave it otherwise untouched.

It's earned it's battle scars and should keep'em! :)

Kevin

pentaspan

EBMM is supposed to refret the neck, replace the nut, and confirm the electronics on it works (I've never had strings on it) - and then leave it otherwise untouched.

It's earned it's battle scars and should keep'em! :)

Kevin
Thanks for the pics.

I'm dropping my new (used) silhouette special off at EBMM on monday (I live relatively close). They're doing a fret dressing and stuff. While the neck is off, I'm hoping they give it the thorough cleaning it needs.

vuduhwy

We don't often see the insides of these guitars - but cleaned up 46/50 before sending it "home" to EBMM for a refret and nut replacement and took some pics.

I'm not sure the pickguard had EVER been off - and there was sweat/gunk underneath of it - yuck!

So, check out the attached pics.

Underneath the 6-bolt neck plate is the classic "locating drill hole" that was used by EBMM back in the day.
View attachment 26355

Neck is stamped APR 27 1987, while the body is stamped APR 8 1987
View attachment 26356

Pickups labeled with "blue dot" stickers. And the pickup adjusting screws for the neck pickup are gone, but the springs were stuck to the sides of the pickup via the magnets. :)
View attachment 26358

Switch wiring
View attachment 26357

Control cavity nicely finished
View attachment 26359

Hope this helps somebody in dating/confirming a Morse at some point - or just satisfies general curiosity! :)

Kevin

HI! Newbie here. That thing looks pretty worn out. Better sell it so you can buy a new one. I might be able to help you out.

tbonesullivan

OUCH. While I do like that worn in look that is EARNED, I would definitely clean it off to get the goo off it. Might need some naptha to dissolve the really caked on crud.

Top Bottom