• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Welcome to Day 7 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days!

It is December 28th. The year 2014 is nearing its end, and so is this year's NYNGD's... But we still have four guitars to share before we hit 2015!

Past Days: #2014-1 | #2014-2 | #2014-3 | #2014-4 | #2014-5 | #2014-6

For today's NYNGD, we have a stunning Silhouette Special in Tangerine Pearl.

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0004.jpg

First things first -- the finish on this guitar is STUNNING. I couldn't quite capture it in the photos, but I got pretty close. The guitar feels just GREAT. It just works. And yes, it's got a vintage trem... And the black pearloid pickguard is aces.

Interestingly, this guitar came to me with aftermarket pickups galore. The pickups were switched to match Andy Timmons' setup: A DiMarzio AT-1 in the bridge position and a DiMarzio Cruiser (bridge model) in the neck and middle positions. My jury is still out on the pickups. They're not bad, but they're different for me and I need more time with them to make a determination.

I've decided to take the neck off and have the headstock finished to match. The color is too good to not have a matching headstock. Hanging in my studio next to the Autumn Sparkle Burst Silhouette Special, this guy looks incomplete!

In evaluating the paint color, I chatted with Derek and learned that EBMM chose this finish (along with Sky Blue) because they are Lamborghini colors. That's right, EBMM uses the same PPG paint for these as Lamborghini. Lamborghini calls it Arancio Argos (PPG code 0117). Check THIS out:

photo_0006.jpg

Now, as if we didn't already know that EBMM is f'ing awesome, how cool is this?!?!? Cue @bhull's previous comment about Jay Leno's garage!

I'll be back tomorrow with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day!

Thanks for looking everyone!

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. My answer is here!)

daneford

Killer! I haven't seen that color before. Is it weird that I like the guitar better than the car?

Tollywood

Congrats, Jeff. You picked another winner!

What will you do about the brand and model names on the headstock if you have it painted?

Top Bottom