• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gmoulder

I received my Glacial Frost Majesty around the middle of November and I absolutely love playing it. However, I noticed the black pearl finish is wearing off at the corner of the bridge where my picking hand rests. Anyone else have this issue? I have only been playing it sparingly in my home studio, so this comes as a surprise to me. I suppose I was expecting it to look brand new more than a few weeks. :(

I remember years ago playing Ibanez guitars with the cosmo-black hardware and that finish would also wear away. Is this something Majesty owners will have to just live with?

MajtasticVoyage

No issue with the plating or hardware, but I have noticed the DT inlay is starting to get foggy under one edge of it :(

So much for resale value. Not planning on ever selling, but still.

KEOKI

The plating on my bridge started to go shortly after I purchased the guitar about a year ago. It gets used a lot. Not a concern for me.

bhull

I just looked at mine closely under light to see if it had any wear.

So far, looks the same as the day I bought it which was last July.

Play time is anywhere between 45-90 minutes a day with an occasional 120 minutes.

Lewis Brunton

Speak to CS, I had the same issue and they sent out a replacement bridge cover straight away - to the UK!

KEOKI

Thanks Lewis. I probably should get one to put on when I trade for an Artisan ;-). What I find interesting is the variability in these reports. From no problem to significant. Oh well , rhetorical.

Lewis Brunton

My guess was that they had a bad batch which got mixed up with the good ones, thus they can't tell who has a good or bad one

Big Poppa

plating is the hardest thing and the one we dont control....each year because of envrionmental regulations plating suffers and the world is healthier a good trade off....with any satin finish if you rub i alot you are in essence buffing it....if you have an area of constant friction you will polish that spot....you are making it yours!

adamrogo

Mine started to fade on the first day. CS replaced the plate, should have it back this week.

smd24fan

So far so good on mine, but I play it sparingly because I split my time amongst all five of my EBMM guitars.

gmoulder

Mine started to fade on the first day. CS replaced the plate, should have it back this week.

So this begs the question... if this plating is just going to wear away with use, why would CS replace the hardware? It seems like a battle that can't be won.

I do find it curious that the standard chrome hardware on my 5 year old BFR JP model still looks brand new with many hours of playing time. Is this why the new Majesty models coming out later this year will have standard chrome hardware instead?

Giovanni82

Hi, everyone. !I am new to the forum and a happy owns majesty a Polar noir.
I have a problem I wanted to share with you.
I have the bridge that is only discolored after a few hours of playing you happened?
An oxidation stain,

adamrogo

So this begs the question... if this plating is just going to wear away with use, why would CS replace the hardware? It seems like a battle that can't be won.

I do find it curious that the standard chrome hardware on my 5 year old BFR JP model still looks brand new with many hours of playing time. Is this why the new Majesty models coming out later this year will have standard chrome hardware instead?

My replacement plate wore off just as the original did. I haven't sent it back as it will likely happen again. I'm hoping they find a solution at some point, however.

Spudmurphy

Can't really help with this query however let me try and put this into perspective.

I bought a Black Les Paul in 1974 (still have it 41 years later!). It has/had gold plated hardware.

The gold plating on the bridge wore off in no time at all - looks great after 41 years ha!

Even the machine heads wore out (the cogs literally wore down) - that guitar was played hard and earned it's keep and was the only guitar I had.

So electro plating? - it's a covering thats just a few microns thick and will wear in places of friction.
If you want your guitar to look 100% unused in 41 years time, then don't use it lol.
- however if you feel that there's an issue that under warranty, needs to be brought to EB's attention, then contact CS for a second time.

JamieCrain

Majesty hardware

My bridge plate wore off where my palm sits within a week of getting the guitar. EBMM sent me a new plate, but I've now noticed that the plating on the three volume controls is very uneven. I never use the tone control and rarely need to touch the piezo, so it was just a poor production effort, rather than wear. Try turning the controls and comparing the finish on all side.

Given the satin finish of the guitar I'd be suggesting a flat black finish or satin chrome/titanium look for the next edition as this plating is obviously a problem.

The Majesty is still the best guitar I've ever played though. Cheers.

JPX6

This thread was started a few months ago, but I wanted to report the same problem with my Majesty bridge cover and knobs. To resolve the issue, CS sent a replacement cover and knobs.

Top Bottom